Turner Wanna-be Follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed D

New User
Ed
This is a great place...thanks to all of you who responded to my original thread.

I followed up on Wally's (windopdlr)suggestion, and am scheduled for an all day basic lathe class at the Matthews Woodcraft on Oct.6th. If there are other beginners out there, the class is limited to 6, and there were still seats open yesterday. I am also going to try to get to the Cabarrus fairgrounds this coming week...Steve Martin and some other members of the Piedmont woodturners are doing demos all week. And, Greg (woodman2k) called me last night, and we are going to get together soon. Thank you all for your interest and help..........Ed

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Good to see you are making progress, Ed. Thanks for the PM with phone number, I will call soon. I may want to go to the fair and talk to more turners also-----Greg may be in for it too. I have not talked to him yet. I just need to get motivated again----have not done much in the shop for a while. At any rate I am looking forward to meeting you in the near furure.

Jerry

Bryan S

Bryan
This is a great place, it rarely takes long to get the answers you need. It is good to see you getting the help you need and getting started. :icon_thum

Another suggestion for you to keep in mind, if you are interested. The Goodwill Lathe (GWL) will be coming up for nominations for its next recipient soon an may still be waiting for a new user. Put your name in the pot for it's use. If you are not familiar with the GWL it is a mini lathe along with lots of accessories that is loaned out to members who are interested in turning. Each recipient gets use of it for around 3 months and passes it on to another. It is a great way to see what you like without all the upfront expense.

Please keep us updated on your progress and post lots of pics along the way.

wndopdlr

wally
Senior User
This is a great place...thanks to all of you who responded to my original thread.

I followed up on Wally's (windopdlr)suggestion, and am scheduled for an all day basic lathe class at the Matthews Woodcraft on Oct.6th. If there are other beginners out there, the class is limited to 6, and there were still seats open yesterday. I am also going to try to get to the Cabarrus fairgrounds this coming week...Steve Martin and some other members of the Piedmont woodturners are doing demos all week. And, Greg (woodman2k) called me last night, and we are going to get together soon. Thank you all for your interest and help..........Ed

Good news and I am glad the suggestion worked out for you. I was pleased with the basic class I took with Bill McInnis (?sp) and plan to take his bowl turning class in just over a month. I have also attended one meeting of the Southern Piedmont Group and plan on joining that club at their next meeting. They scare me a little becasue they look at turning as art and I am just happy, at this stage, just to get things round :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS