Turned Knitting Needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
I have a sister who is really into knitting. I had some scrap pieces of rosewood and decided to try and turn her some knitting needles. It took some time but I think I made a useable set.

The needle size is #7 about 3/16" diameter and about 8-1/2" long. The blank was 3/4" square. I used a CA finish on them. Turning a shaft that long and skinny was a learning experience. It took 1 1/2 hours to make the first one and about half that to make the second. I hope my sister dosen't expect several sets.

Attachments

• DSCN0054.JPG
    DSCN0054.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 178

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice job Rick.:icon_thum Those knitting needles turned out nicely and I am sure your sister will love them.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang you, I told my wife (an avid knitter) that those couldn't be done. Well, she looked over my shoulder as I clicked on this thread and found out that I've being pulling one over on her :roll:

Those look really nice and I am sure they knit as well as they look. I might have to try my hand at a pair or two. Be prepared to give advice :lol:

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave just practice a little with something like cheap poplar. You can always paint them to make them look presentable.......maybe something like a peach color.:-D

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Those are sharp (no pun intended). Dave - I bet your wife would think it would be just peachy if you'd make her a pair!

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Maybe Dave's wife could knit a hat for a hornless goat...

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:rolf: :rolf:
Oh this has gotten so far off topic...it's become funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors