TS fence setup jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Being that my tablesaw is not of the highest quality and the fence is very fussy if not frustrating to setup at times heres a jig I made that makes setup so much easier

fence setup 003.jpg

Made from birch ply and a simple clamping mechanism a t-nut inserted from the bottem of the 3/4 ply that pushes a piece of 1/4 ply against the sliding adjustment arm. Just line up the tape to the width you want to cut clamp it in place and bring the fence to the jig. For my test cut I set it at 8 1/2 in

fence setup 001.jpg

Then remove the jig and make your cut

fence setup 002.jpg

and dead on at 8 1/2 in. I love it when an idea and plan come together as intended. I can now actually make cuts where I want the first try now and its repeatable

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
Being that my tablesaw is not of the highest quality and the fence is very fussy if not frustrating to setup at times heres a jig I made that makes setup so much easier

View attachment 2139

Made from birch ply and a simple clamping mechanism a t-nut inserted from the bottem of the 3/4 ply that pushes a piece of 1/4 ply against the sliding adjustment arm. Just line up the tape to the width you want to cut clamp it in place and bring the fence to the jig. For my test cut I set it at 8 1/2 in

View attachment 2140

Then remove the jig and make your cut

View attachment 2141

and dead on at 8 1/2 in. I love it when an idea and plan come together as intended. I can now actually make cuts where I want the first try now and its repeatable
Good job on the jig, sort of, a take -off from a ripping jig I made for small
strips but only larger. eezlock

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Great idea, Bryan. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

My first TS had a fussy fence and I still remember the aggravation of setting up for a cut. Looks like you came up with a clever solution.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS