TS Blade Storage Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
My storage disease continues. I made this rack for my TS blades based on a Wood Magazine plan I found. Only problem is I still have 2 blades left. :BangHead:. I plan on building something on every inch of wall space!! :gar-Bi

Doug

Attachments

• P1010025.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 207
  • P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 202
T

toolferone

We aren't getting ready for the crawl by chance are we :gar-Bi?

Looks good Doug. What size are the slots?

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Hey Doug, great looking storage rack :icon_thum. I need to build one too, but I'm short two blades. How 'bout you send over a Freud and WWII and we'll even things out? :lol:

meika123

New User
Dave Snider
I see what he's doing. He wanted to show off all those Bessey clamps. Talk about a "Gloat". :notworthy:
I don't blame him, I would too. Very nice job, Doug.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Tom: Now that my big projects are done I'm doing small ones. I am also avoiding doing a couple that are less fun, but necessary.

Bob: Most of the blades are from my Dado set. I doubt you would want the ones I didn't hang. Nice try though. :laughing7

Doug

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
You're wasting space Doug. Just epoxy a couple of magnets to the bandsaw doors, and stick those two blades there :) Good looking wall rack there.

I'm going to enjoy checking out all the jigs, fixtures and toolovations in your shop in a couple of weeks! :tool:Don't forget to sweep and put a fresh coat of wax in your hair.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Doug,

That is a very nice ra............ :icon_conf um......... I really like the device you've made to store your TS blades. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And I really like its placement right next to your impressive bessey collection (sneaky gloat). ;-) :icon_thum

Trent

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
The real gloat behinfd the Bessey clamps is that I bought most of them of $20/each. A WW'er in Maryland posted an ad for his big tools saying he was giving woodworking up. I contacted him and said I didn't want his tools but I was interested in any clamps. He said I could have all his Besseys for $20 each. I was in my car as fast as I could get there! Ended up buying his Delta Mortiser and Tenoning jig as well.:toothy9: That was 3-4 years ago. Still makes me smile.

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Bas:

Your post shows that we have never met. I have almost NO hair. :sad5: :gar-Bi Maybe I'll have GeorgeL use his buffer on my dome. :rotflm:

Doug

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Trent, you beat me to it man.

Doug, you are throwing out some great ideas. Nice execution on those projects. Was the clamp rack from a plan?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Mike:

Yes: It was a tip from an old issue of FWW. The separate clamp racks were supposed to be hinged together so that they swung like pages of a book. The problem was the weight of the clamps made the two pivoting racks sag. So I mounted them separately. There are three total.

If I was a welder I would try making them out of metal. I still like the space saving idea.

BTW the top where the clamp heads rest is covered with an adhesive back cushion material.

Doug

sapwood

New User
Roger
You're starting to scare me, Doug :wwink:
Awesome organization!
Though I did see an empty spot to the left of the receptacle :mrgreen:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors