TruStone Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
This past Sunday I turn my Classic Americal Rollerball pen and used TruStone for the first time. It came out decent. Was a little concerned about the hardness of the TruStone but it turn quite well using a light touch with sharp tools.

Photos are not the best but......:dontknow::dontknow:

After turning this one I will be turning another 10 from Blue River Agate TruStone for college graduation gifts.

Thanks for checking it out.:wink_smil

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Looks great :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum I know about the light touch, I turned Alabaster once, and it didn't make it to be a pen. I've never tried the TruStone, I would hope it is much more stable.
Good luck with the production run!

Dave:)

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Looks great :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum I know about the light touch, I turned Alabaster once, and it didn't make it to be a pen. I've never tried the TruStone, I would hope it is much more stable.
Good luck with the production run!

Dave:)
Dave, it will crack/shatter if you generate too much heat. You cant tell but I had to get the CA to repair the blank. It is expensive around $9 per blank. I am use to spending that for a 4"x10" board of exotic that I can get about 8 blanks.

Glad to see you posting again. Missed your take on things......:eusa_danc

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
I tried 1 on an olympic 2 elite once.It turned great but my hole wasn't drilled exactly center so .....a little tube broke thru on one end :eek: Im glad to see you did a great job where I had a epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS