Triathlon Belt Buckle Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
As another of my hobbies I do triathlons. I have a coach and it was his 40th birthday party last night. He is a very good athlete and has won the Battle of Buckhorn triathlon every year it has been run (2009, 2010 and 2011). The Male and female winners get a custom belt buckle as a prize.

I had his wife bring me the belt buckles and I made a custom case for them. Here are some pics:

DSCN1967.JPG

DSCN1972.JPG

DSCN1971.JPG

DSCN1968.JPG

DSCN1973.JPG

DSCN1970.JPG

DSCN1969.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cool Beans, Doug!!!!:cool:

I am sure that it will be appreciated and displayed proudly.

Wayne

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I thought of that. Hence the Maple dividers between the cherry. I would have to take the frame apart, add a fourth section and then build a new frame. Who knows, he and his wife are expecting their first child next month and 2012 will be VERY different for them.

b4man

New User
Barbara
When did you find time to make such a beautiful case?:eusa_thin

Great gift and beautiful work:icon_thum

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Looks great! I see they're recessed in. How are they attached inside the recess? I've got some badges I'd like to do something similar with.

Tom Swortzel

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Looks great! I see they're recessed in. How are they attached inside the recess? I've got some badges I'd like to do something similar with.

Tom Swortzel

Thanks for the nice comments. The buckles are not "attached" per se. The recesses are very close tolerance so that they are held in with friction. Having said that, each buckle has a prong sticking out the back. I applied magic marker to the end of the prong and pressed each buckle in. This left a mark on the bottom and I drilled a small recess to contain the prong in the bottom of each section.

Barbara, I have no idea how I did this in four days. I have a special flag case to make, some replacement parts to make for a cherished rocking chair, a MAME machine, a bathroom cabinet, a queen-sized bed, and a raised vegetable garden. (Not in that order) (Oh and some more pens).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS