Tradesman Scroll Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi,

I was in the Cary Lowes yesterday and they had a Tradesman scroll saw that they were clearing at $55.00. Can anyone recommend it or should I stay clear of the Tradesman brand? They also had a couple of Tradesman sanding centers for about the same price.

I don't know anything about the Tradesman brand.

Thanks,

Wayne

clowman

Clay Lowman
Not knowing anything about the Tradesman, I can say that another member has a Delta 16" for sale, and it's going for cheaper than the Tradesman. Find that post here.

Edit
and they are asking less than the tradesman ...

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Oh well - Clay,

Just before you sent the message regarding the Delta for sale here, I decided to head out to Lowes and see what they had left on clearance. As it turned out they had just one of the better variable speed Tradesman 16" left. After speaking to the manager, I managed to get it for $50.00.

Scrollsaw.jpg

Now I just need to learn how to scroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am sure that Cathy and host of others can give me some pointers.:lol: )

Thanks for your reply.

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
I don't have any experience with Trademan tools. It might be great. How well it will work for you will largely depend on what you want to do with it. I'm afraid that you may have a fair amount of vibration. Mount it firmly to a sound surface Please feel free to ask if you have any specific questions. I'll help all I can.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have spent the afternoon assembling a tool stand and plan on adding 3/4" MDF to the top. I will then bolt (3/8") the saw down to the MDF. My hope is that it will be stable enough.:-? We will have to see if it comes even close to the dime, nickle, quarter test! (A dollar bill may be more realistic!)

Thanks for you input, Cathy!:-D

Wayne

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cathy,

Just foolin' around! You were right though it definitely shakes a wee bit in "high gear".:roll: For what I am doing I think it will do for now. I guess the thing that I dislike the most is changing blades. I am all thumbs! I suppose with a little practice I will get on to it. (1st time a changed blades, I dropped it and it landed way down in the base. Had to go fishing with a magnet to retrieve it!:BangHead: )

Thanks for askin'. We will have to just see how it goes!:bbiggrin:

Wayne

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
For what it's worth, I looked up Tradesman and it's parent company is out of Taiwan. They make tools for big names here in the US, but I was unable to find the specific names. Rexon is the name of their parent company. They are big in Europe for scroll saws, planers and the like. I have a feeling they make low end Craftsman, Ryobi, Dewalt and Rigid tools. I do not know for certain, however. I think these are the level of tools that one finds in FLowes or Home Desperate (Depot).

Dullblade

New User
Roger Hunter
I have this very same scroll saw. I have had it for a while now and I like it. I have tried several different style bloades and all do what they were designed to do. If I had a gripe it would be the hold down foot. It seems to get in my way more than a flat foot does. Other than that I like it just fine. I rarely use full speed and the puffer and light option is nice. It has a decent dust collection port and the plastic cover comes off easy enough to make clean out once in a while a breeze. I tightly mounted it to my work bench and it has some vibration but not enough to be a pain. I hope you like yours and enjoy it as much as I have. I think it is built prettey darn strong. Enjoy!

:-o
Canuk said:
Oh well - Clay,

Just before you sent the message regarding the Delta for sale here, I decided to head out to Lowes and see what they had left on clearance. As it turned out they had just one of the better variable speed Tradesman 16" left. After speaking to the manager, I managed to get it for $50.00.

Scrollsaw.jpg

Now I just need to learn how to scroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am sure that Cathy and host of others can give me some pointers.:lol: )

Thanks for your reply.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS