Tough day

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Oh Trent, I am so sorry. This has been a tough week for a few of us here who lost jobs. We're here and we'll keep our fingers crossed for a shot unemployment.

Barbara

M

McRabbet

Obviously, this is sad news to hear, but we all know that you and Christy will find a positive solution together and you'll be back as a wage earner in good time. As Ed and others have said, look wisely and you'll find a good fit. Work on a good resume and look at online job sources in the Triangle. We wish you nothing but the best although we can understand how down you may feel. Treat this like an opportunity rather than a setback.

gdc

New User
gilbert
Sorry to hear that Trent. I too have been in the same position for just about a year now. It does and will get better. Keep yourself busy and you will not go crazy. Best wishes.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Trent sorry to hear of the job loss but as others have said this may open up a better oppurtunity. If you decide to move I have a pickup truck with a cap and can help.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear this Trent. Having once been laid off i know what you are going through and it is no fun at all. The toughest part will be keeping a positive outlook but you have to because it will turn around. You may not feel like it will but the pendulum always swings back.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Having been a business owner myself for a few years, I can say the most difficult task of all is to let someone go that you feel is an asset to your business because you have nothing for them to do. I'm sure your former boss feels more like a failure than you believe you are right now & he probably won't sleep any better than you the next few nights. It's a compliment to you that it upset him to let you go. I've had to let people go in the past when I actually slept BETTER after they were gone. I don't believe this is the case here.
Just remember, it's not how many times you fall, everybody does that. It's how many times you get up - and how fast. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

That is some very sound advice there. Stop by and talk to the guy off the record and ask if he knows of something up in the area here. As was stated he had to have faith in you as a worker and friend. Asking never hurts.

Will keep you in my prayers as well as the others here.

Good Luck

Dragon

New User
David
Sorry to hear that Trent. I'm sitting on pins and needles myself. With us just being sold off to a competitor, it's anyone's guess how long we'll be working before we're "outsourced" to China or somewhere else. Seems like there's a continual bleed of jobs going on. My wife has been unemployed now since day after Labor day, 2008 thanks to a #$%@ of a co-worker the boss wouldn't do anything about. :evil3:

Not trying to go political or anything here but I saw on the news tonight that the economy was on the rebound. Yeah? Where? Not from where I'm sitting it ain't. Hopefully someone here will know of something out there for you. On the plus side, you DO qualify for unemployment I hope and at least that will put a few bucks in the house until a job opens up for you.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Trent, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will be praying for you and your family - I have been laid off myself - but luckily for us my wife still has insurance on us:eusa_pray Hang in there bro:icon_thum

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Just remember, it's not how many times you fall, everybody does that. It's how many times you get up - and how fast. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Like we say in Subs, Even Numbers are good, Go down once, Go Up Once, as long as you keep that ratio your good. We call it The One to One!

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
I had to tell my wife that I lost my job a little over 5 years ago. It was one of the toughest things I ever had to do. Fortunately, it led to one of the best things I've ever done.

It's certainly not for everyone, but running my own business has been great. Extremely difficult/scary at times, but the overall picture has been great. You have the skills and education necessary. You should at least consider running your own gig.

When I lost my J.O.B. I decided, after a great deal of thought, that I never wanted to rely on someone else for my income. Now, granted, I rely on the public at large for my income... But realistically, if I don't make it as a handyman in this area it's my own fault!

Good luck with what ever you decide. Take your time, and pick the right opportunity for YOU and your wife.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I actually LIKE livermush.
What I'm trying to say is you're young and smart. Figure ways to stretch what you've got. If it means we don't see you here for awhile, we'll understand. Internet service is free in most public libraries (hint,hint). Necessity is the mother of invention, but poverty is usually the father. You can't use your head if you don't keep your chin up.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I just want to add my thoughts of hoping you find a new position soon, and am truly sorry that one of our group has to go through something like this. It is hard to imagine going through that if you have never had to, but as has been said before there are thousands of folks that are in the same place. My prayers are with you and your family. It breaks my heart to know good folks loose work for reasons beyond their own control. :gar-Cr

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Real sorry to hear it. You seem like the type to get right back up. Take a couple days to think about it and let any of the bad feelings get out of your system. The worst thing to do in a interview is to seem bitter.
I know exactly what you are going through. I was told my days are numbered in Sept. and have been training my replacements. It's not as comfortable as it sounds.:swoon: I have to walk a fine line every day just to keep from blowing my top to try and wait out this economy.
Steve

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I can't thank you all enough for your prayers, thoughts, kind words, advice, pm's and support. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: This was a decision made by the owner of the company to replace me with one of his old friends. We were as busy as we've ever been, but I think it all came down to that (on a lot of levels). A 50 year-old guy with a wife and two children probably needs this job more than I do and I hope he succeeds.

Everything happens for a reason. I don't fully understand the reason right now and may never fully understand it, but I know that there are better opportunities out there and that as long as I keep the faith, everything will work out. :icon_thum

I really can't thank you all enough for your help and support. :icon_thum

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I can't thank you all enough for your prayers, thoughts, kind words, advice, pm's and support. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: This was a decision made by the owner of the company to replace me with one of his old friends. We were as busy as we've ever been, but I think it all came down to that (on a lot of levels). A 50 year-old guy with a wife and two children probably needs this job more than I do and I hope he succeeds.

Everything happens for a reason. I don't fully understand the reason right now and may never fully understand it, but I know that there are better opportunities out there and that as long as I keep the faith, everything will work out. :icon_thum

I really can't thank you all enough for your help and support. :icon_thum

wow you are taking this better than i would.

i'd be furious.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Thanks fellas. :notworthy:

I am/was a Water Mitigation Manager at a restoration company (Fire/Water damage, etc). But that job description is a lose one. I did everything from demolition to carpentry, of course mitigation, and also punch list items.

My previous job was the Marketing Manager for another restoration company. I marketed to insurance adjusters, property management companies, hotels, apartments, etc.

In addition to that, I've worked in almost every area of hotels. Front desk, bellstand, maintenance, spa.

None of these really go with my degrees which are Bachelors in Finance and Marketing from UNCW. :gar-La;

I would be interested in anything that is related to my past experience and skills. I'm not interested in commission only positions.

Thanks so much!

Trent, I want to say I am sorry to hear that, I will know how you feel by 21 April 2010. As I will no longer be in the Air Force and no income as mine is the only income. I see getting out of the military and going to school full time with maybe a part time job, as challenging. It sure is going to be a challenge for 3 years of school and not much money, but I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. So ask yourself what your good at, what you have to benefit other companys, role play with the wife about what a great asset you are, and you will find that next new job and love it. And never be afraid of asking for a raise the first 6 months and then first year.

Trent your skills maybe wanted/needed at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. Of course youwould have to move to Goldsboro or pikeville area, but the military has some great civilian jobs that pay very well. And housing here is a lot cheaper than Raleigh.

PS I will be praying for you and your wife~!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I hear Fayetteville has been a hot building market lately because of military personnel housing.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Matthew,

I've been thinking for a while now about what you're doing. Packing up, moving across the country, family in tow, greatest wishes in mind, and I have to say, things are going to work out beautifully for you and your family. I know it. Thank you so much for your prayers and we will definitely be praying for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS