Tools up for bid near Roanoke, Va.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Look like some good deals

but a person would have to look at them since so little information is provided.

The listing for the Jet mini lathes is confusing, not sure the bid is for each of the 4 or 5 lathes, or for the bunch.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
The descriptions of the items is virtually non existent. Even the photos are not very revealing. For instance, the listing for a "Rockwell table saw" shows photos of a scroll saw and a radial arm saw. The photo for the "Rockwell band saw" shows the scroll saw. They don't even say whether the motor is single or three phase. Basically, as Guy noted, you would have to go there to look at what is available before bidding. I would be worried that even if there was a number to call and speak with someone, you would not get answers that you could rely upon. Seems to me that it would be a simple matter to photograph the name plate on each machine, as that would give you some information regarding age, model #, electrical requirements, etc.

Matt

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
No jointer!! But, I really like the stainless steel/wood prep table. Wish it were closer by. I bet I could beat that $1 bid!

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
Geez, Lighten up guys, the whole idea was if your near there to go look at it before you bid. I,ve never,ever bought something without looking at it 1st, unless of course I have dealt with them before. Its a school system and for that part I have bought from schools before and they usually maintain their equipment but I would look 1st then bid:gar-La;

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
For the prices, some of it would be worth the risk site unseen. That Rockwell bandsaw I am pretty sure is a 20" unit, and it is a solid unit at that. For $35 how could you go wrong???

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Well, my table is now at $107! I don't have room for it anyway unless I sell a lot of wood. Still I'd love to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS