Tool sale finds.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Saw an ad in the WDT yesterday, a guy selling all his tools due to illness. Called today and after the rain let up, I went to see what he had. Not much in the way of tools but I did pick up a few things:

Starrett No. 12 ( 12" blade) with a center finder and protractor - 20.00 The square head was missing but I already have one I just recently purchased. As they say in the trade, "crispy" lol

3 ""C" clamps approx 5" opening probably medium duty - 6.00 ( Adjustable Clamp Co)

6" Craftsman square - 1.00 this is an old one, actually seems to have been made rather well.

Cross slide vise - 15.00 don't know the mfg. but it looks like it is made fairly well. I have a HF one and it looks like it is better made than it.

one of those halogen lights that has its own stand thingy 10.00.

Yea, I could have probably have haggled him down but I figured the starrett square was worth what I spent total so what the heck. He was a nice old gentleman.

I cleaned up the squares and disassembled , cleaned and painted the cross slide vise / b4 leaving work today. Just so it will be legal, I will take some pics tomorrow.

Not even gloating, just wanted to share my finds.

Mike

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Pics of the tools :

Cross slide vise

DSCF0024_699094.JPG

Starrett #12 square / w center finder / protractor

DSCF0027.JPG

Craftsman 6" square Head is made out of steel. Lots of chips on the japanning but still works good. Scribe missing but I don't use it anyway.

DSCF0028_687677.JPG

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great find Mike! I think that cross vise would go well with my mortiser :lol:

You've got a sharp eye for a deal,
Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS