Tool gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
A while back I asked for thoughts about a truck. Momma won and we got an SUV (which means I'll be purchasing a trailer soon to haul the wood). It is slightly used, but new to me and low miles.

[banana]
Here's a pic. Just got it this past weekend. Still have to get all the official stuff done, but we have the signed title.
[/banana]

Have you got yours yet Lottathought(Mike)?

We'll be getting rid of my car ... I think we are going to be donating it to Habitat for Humanity. It is in rough shape, but still runs. Maybe they can get a few bucks for it.

T

toolferone

Toyota's rock!! I have a 03 Tundra, it rides better then my wifes Honda.

YOU SUCK!!

P.S. I have been thinking about upgrading my trailer soon it is a 4 x 8 let me know if you are interested.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Great score Will! :eusa_clap

Toyotas are great cars and that is probably what I'll get in 20 years :rotflm: when my Honda dies (hopefully). Mucho suckage to you on the new wheels! ;-)

Trent :icon_bigg

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Whoa whoa.. wait a minute. What are those cars doing in the shop??? You parked the new one right where an 8" jointer should go...

:rotflm:

Just kiddin', it looks like a nice one Will. Enjoy! :wav:

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Ray ... my wife asked if I knew of any orgs that take vehicles and we looked it up. Already submitted the forms. Just need to send in the title. Thanks though.

WoodArtz - I need to convince LOML that it is a shop not a garage. As soon as I take my beginner woodworking class at Klingspor (in a few weeks) and start making some serious dust, then the arguement might fly. Right now she just sees the plywood stacked in the corner.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Ray ... my wife asked if I knew of any orgs that take vehicles and we looked it up. Already submitted the forms. Just need to send in the title. Thanks though.

WoodArtz - I need to convince LOML that it is a shop not a garage. As soon as I take my beginner woodworking class at Klingspor (in a few weeks) and start making some serious dust, then the arguement might fly. Right now she just sees the plywood stacked in the corner.

Will,

Cogratulations on the new SUV, if you really want to use the garage as a shop just show her DaveO's video :

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584/table_saw_kickback_demonstration/

And tell her that it could be her car instead of the plywood:rotflm:.

By the way..... Good Luck with that:lol:

Jimmy:)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Will, congrats on the new wheels! Those are great vehicles and handy as all get out!

Small goodies will fit inside, and you still have the trailer option for larger stuff. All in all a great choice.

Scott

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hmmm, first I thought "Didn't Will already post a gloat about his new table saw?" :) Congratulations on the new SUV! It may not carry a full sheet of plywood, but it will two half sheets.

As far as 'convincing' LOML - good luck with that one!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Will,

Cogratulations on the new SUV, if you really want to use the garage as a shop just show her DaveO's video :

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584/table_saw_kickback_demonstration/

And tell her that it could be her car instead of the plywood:rotflm:.

By the way..... Good Luck with that:lol:

Jimmy:)

Will, before showing her the video, you're going to want to bolt/weld the TS to the floor so you can say, "but honey, the TS is permanently fixed in that spot. The car will just have to go outside, it's just too dangerous in here." :rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Toyota's rock!! I have a 03 Tundra, it rides better then my wifes Honda.

YOU SUCK!!

P.S. I have been thinking about upgrading my trailer soon it is a 4 x 8 let me know if you are interested.

Tom keep me in mind when that happens, I like borrowing your trailer better, but having my own would be more convenient :-D
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
:glasses9: Cool wheels, Will!
That outta haul plenty o' tools and wood. And now you can enjoy Outer Banks fishing this fall :icon_thum

Roger

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
From someone that works for a Toyota dealer I will have to say that you made the best vehicle decision you could have made without getting a new Tundra. I am around the new Tundras all day every day but have yet to sit in one. To do so would be detrimental to my finances. This gloat deserves a HUGE YOU SUCK. And should you need service or advise on the new Toyota just pm me and if I can help I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS