Tool Gloat, Too Much Time On My Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
When I took a rocking chair class from John Richards, I used his 20" disc sander and was amazed how fast and accurate it was. Told John I was now spoiled and would have to get one of these. Found this one on Ebay, brand new in the box and at at GREAT price. Coundn't pass on it. Probally a good thing I never got married.

Yesterday I decided I needed a low saw horse for the shop so this is what came out of that thought. Not sure of the wood species but it is badley spalted. It has been laying around forever. Like I have been told before: TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Dino,

Great saw horses...too good for the shop. Also great looking disk sander.

Dan C.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dunno Dino. With a cool, new tool and the ability to make such a snappy looking sawhorse, you need to spend more time in the shop :mrgreen:

Roger

M

McRabbet

A double YOU SUCK! Congratulations on the new disk sander -- I'm sure you'll find it real handy!

Rob

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Great looking saw horse :eusa_danc

. . . but how are you coming on that rocker ???? ;-)

pete

cskipper

Cathy
Dino, didn't we warn you about the dangers of Woodguy disease before you took that class? With all the new members, we might have not gotten the word out in time. Congrats on the sander and the good looking sawhorse.

Last edited:

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Pete, The rocker is going very slow. It has been pushed behind other projects and I am somewhat hesitant in fear of making a huge mistake. I just about have it all thought out and then I will attack.

Actually the floor in the shop was not at all expensive - less that 1.00/square foot. It is a locking laminate product with a dense foam back.
It has made the shop more like another room of the house. It makes it very easy to keep clean and is sooo easy on the legs, and very much brighter. Downside, it get slippery when sawdust is on the floor and it does not like heavy sharp objects dropping on it. The surface is very hard and thus chips. If I were to do it again, I would go with a solid engineered wood product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS