Tool Gloat and a Completed project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I confess!!!
I've been secretly using my combined Anniversary-Valentine-Easter-Birth-Father's-Work Bonus-Day present (a Festool Domino floating mortise tool) on a few projects and have some actual photos to show off.

If you follow the David Marks Woodworks show you may remember a hanging toolcabinet he made a few years back.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_wwk/episode/0,2046,DIY_14350_26953,00.html

Here's my version made out of Quartersawn Red Oak (frame and shelves), Lupuna 1/2" ply (back) and Luan Mahogany 1/4" ply (sliding doors). The Red Oak 1/2" and 1/4" Ply at Lowe's looked like big Lasagne noodles:roll:. I finished it with garnet shellac and brown Briwax on the oak and Transfast Light Oak water soluble dye, Amber shellac and brown Briwax on the Luan and Lupuna. It hangs on a French cleat lagged into the studs and screwed to the sides.

Here are the parts ready for assembly:

Thanks for looking!
Mark

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's nice work, Mark. I've been looking at ol' Domino, but, he ain't cheap! Really like the French cleat idea.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Lookin' good there Mark :eusa_danc

Not as pretty as David's Cherry and Koa version but a lot more practical for the shop. Good looking joinery and nice job on your choice of finish.

pete

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very nice work. I agree, the ply at Lowes is like lasagna....... Did you do all the internal compartments he did as well?

Domino? Shame on you. I had one shown to me yesterday. I am a bit surprised at how fast the thing cuts. It is as fast as a biscuit joiner and I would have thought it would have taken longer to cut the mortises.

Congrats on the acquisition. Very nice gloat!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Glad you secret is out Mark. It's a fine looking cabinet for shop or home :icon_thum

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow, those are some really nice looking shop cabs. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

While I see evidence that a Domino has been used, I see no actual proof of one in YOUR shop!! :lol: :lol:

You know the rules...no pics, never happened!!

Chuck

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Geeeeez!
Some people are just difficult:lol:

They even put my name on the systainer!

Hide your eyes!

Satisfied?:lol:

J

jeff...

Well you did wonders with those big lasagna noodles. Nice cabinet and great tool gloat - U SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS