Tool Donation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I went to see Robb Parker today and picked up a Shopsmith that he graciously donated to NCWW. While I thought I would load a Shopsmith and come home; I was pleasantly surprised. I brought home a decent Shopsmith with a LOT of accessories. I have the Shopsmith, the original owners manual, the table saw adaptors with blades, the lathe faceplate, the original shopsmith turning tools and several other ones, a can of original Shopsmith lubricant that still works:elvis:. " I have already been offered twenty five dollars for the turning tools from a close friend." Included is a lot of the accessories that are available, drill chuck, etc. etc. Now to the meat of this thread. How should we proceed with the auction, sale, raffle, giveaway, of this generous donation? I will include the "story" of how Robb got this Shopsmith in the first place with whatever we decide to do. Sorry I missed the Shop Crawl but Saturday is the only day I had free to pick this up:roll::roll:.

M

McRabbet

threadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

View image in gallery

And the Auction will be too! You'll need to get some digital pictures if we intend to get a decent return on the unit with all of its extras. If possible, it probably deserves several pictures of it set up as a lathe and a table saw and some of the accessories. We all appreciate your sacrifice in missing the Shop Crawl -- I had to miss it too as I had to host a Western NC Woodworkers Association Meeting (and sold $85 in Raffle Tickets, too!)

TracyP

Tracy
All of the suggestion you have made are being done as we speak. Lots of work to do prior to the announcement being made.

TracyP

Tracy
Here are the pics as it is today. Tomorrow after Church it will look much different.

I will post pics tomorrow of the accessories attached to the machine if I can figure out how it works:rotflm:.

TracyP

Tracy
Ok, I know we should wait until after the raffle to advertise this but how long should we wait? Also I did not get a chance to get any more pictures today, but I will soon.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
A week from the drawing is the day after Thanksgiving. Let's wait until Monday the 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS