Tool Cabinet for Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Well I finished another cabinet from some of the old dormitory furniture I salvaged from Fort Bragg. I needed a large tool cabinet with big drawers so I decided to take the shell of an old dormitory locker and make what I wanted. In the photo gallery is a before and after picture of the locker shell. Have about $80.00 invested in material to make drawers and finish. Tried to match cabinet I made about 2 months ago. Came close! See Gallery! Terry

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Hi Terry!
Really nice work! Are those euro-hinges on the doors? Did you put any dividers in the drawers?

An excellent way to re-cycle!!!

Best
Wayne

skeeter

New User
Charles
Cabinet turned out great. Always good to recycle especially when it turns out like your projects.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hi Terry!
Really nice work! Are those euro-hinges on the doors? Did you put any dividers in the drawers?

An excellent way to re-cycle!!!

Best
Wayne
They are euro-hinges and I really like them because you can adjust them so easy. No I didn't put dividers in the drawers because some will hold larger Poly-Bins I have and some will hold tools that are in cases. I do have other cabinets to install that will have dividers for some of my smaller items. I am a drawer freak and if I can fit a drawer in I will. I like to keep things organized. I know that sounds crazy for a WW shop but have always been that way. If I use a tool and am finished with iot back in place it goes as soon a possible. All my drawers will be identified by what is in them when I get done. Terry:bduh:

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Terry - those look great!

Ain't it great to make something out of nothing?!

Scott
Yes it is! When I first started out in woodworking all I had was used lumber as that's all I could afford. Even though now I like using good lumber I still think re-cycle lumber is just as good if you take your time. But thanks to everyone for the comments made about the cabinets. Not perfect but they will do for now! I am just thankful I have a shop, tools, and some re-cycled lumber to work with! Thanks again everyone! Terry

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
UNICOR (Federal Prisons) calls this type Furniture Dormitory Furniture.
:rotflm:

sheesh, I never felt that stuck in the barracks, though I did know some 'barracks rats' when I was in Germany. Too bad, they missed out on a lot of fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS