todays pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
black titanium cigar with what i think is ebony. may not be!! heartwood and sapwood mix with buckeye burl rings. the finish is CA. did not turn out too bad. this chunk of wood was given to my grand daughter by roger at east wake hardwoods when i was there picking up some walnut to finish the dressers with.:-D free wood is the best wood!:lol: dont know what to do with it yet but i may save it for her when she gets old enough to appreciate it. she is only two. granny says thats a little early for pens! but what does she know?:rolf:

Attachments

• IMG_6230.JPG
    IMG_6230.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6231.JPG
    IMG_6231.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6232.JPG
    IMG_6232.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6233.JPG
    IMG_6233.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 118

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Nice piece of wood and nice finish.
One thing has me puzzled.
Why did you add the BB, was the blank too short or did you have a mishap requiring"oops rings"?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Nice piece of wood and nice finish.
One thing has me puzzled.
Why did you add the BB, was the blank too short or did you have a mishap requiring"oops rings"?

one was an 8-O oops ring the other three were added to make it look more symetrical. all the ringe were made from a leftover pen blank. you know, the inch or so left after you make a pen. i never throw away wood!:-D

fred p

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Fred, I think that might be African Blackwood, if it came from East Wake. Rodger has a huge box of smallish chunks with a lot of 1/2 sap. 1/2 heart in perfect sizes for pens.
Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
ya know dave you too darned smart!:eusa_clap the bin she picked it out of had a lot o chunks in it.;-) it turned nice. i got a big chunk of it from rockler at th goin out sale. i think a bowl may be in my future.:eusa_thin

fred p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS