Todays pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
I got a chance to turn another pen today. This is another Sierra pen in chrome this time. The wood is cross grain morado

IMG_9559_1024x768_.JPG

It wasn't much fun turning in a long sleeve shirt and a hood with gloves on :no: but I didn't want to get a rash from the dust

This one chunked real bad too but it wasn't too deep that I couldn't save it. I had a little problem with the ca finish sticking to the bushings too.

alex

J

jeff...

I got a chance to turn another pen today. This is another Sierra pen in chrome this time. The wood is cross grain morado

IMG_9559_1024x768_.JPG

This one chunked real bad too but it wasn't too deep that I couldn't save it. I had a little problem with the ca finish sticking to the bushings too.

alex

Dave are you looking at this? man that's sharp Alex :thumbs_up

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
And another great looking pen Alex. I wish I would have started in this hobby at the age you did. You do exceptional work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave are you looking at this? man that's sharp Alex :thumbs_up

Oh yeah, I'm seeing it. Somebody is rocking!! the cross grain and the CA finish. I think that we have a natural here :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Alex, you might want to see if you can get some Delrin stock and make your own bushings for your favorite pen styles out of it. CA won't stick to it, it turns very easily and is the best bushing material for an easy CA finish. I have to look, but I might have some that you could have. If not, it's readily available on the net - http://www.smallparts.com/products/... Silver Wire&gclid=COmK8_eN15MCFRJPxgodtzGmSw

Dave:)

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Oh yeah, I'm seeing it. Somebody is rocking!! the cross grain and the CA finish. I think that we have a natural here :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Alex, you might want to see if you can get some Delrin stock and make your own bushings for your favorite pen styles out of it. CA won't stick to it, it turns very easily and is the best bushing material for an easy CA finish. I have to look, but I might have some that you could have. If not, it's readily available on the net - http://www.smallparts.com/products/... Silver Wire&gclid=COmK8_eN15MCFRJPxgodtzGmSw

Dave:)

Cool!!! Thanks Dave!

Daaaadd....I need some more turning stuff!

alex

nelsone

New User
Ed
You guys are a riot!:rotflm:

Alex, you are really getting to be an expert with the pens! Great job!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Another fine pen from Mr. Alex! If you keep it up I'll be too embarrassed to post my measly pens!!!

You da man, Alex!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS