todays display box

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
cherry scraps from coffee and end tables and sepele from mike davis. I am doing an oil finish on this one so it only has the first coat so far. It will house a war trophy that my grandfather brought home in 1945. Pistol, 2 magazines and loading tool. the holster I am told should not be used to store the gun as it attracts rust. I thought it only fitting to make a nice presentation box to keep it in. It's a safe queen anyway.:gar-Bi

boxclosed.JPG

boxtop.JPG

boxinside.JPG

there are a couple of issues I will deal with after the first coat of oil dries but all in all it turned out good.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wowie, Fred, that top has some spectacular figure, don't it!!???:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

I am sure that this one will be treasured for many a year. A fitting storage container for a valued and a bet priceless article!

(Now I need to ask. How did you do the pocket for the gun and clips? Template and a router, scroll saw, jig saw?????:icon_scra)

You never cease to amaze me with your artistry!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Wowie, Fred, that top has some spectacular figure, don't it!!???:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

I am sure that this one will be treasured for many a year. A fitting storage container for a valued and a bet priceless article!

(Now I need to ask. How did you do the pocket for the gun and clips? Template and a router, scroll saw, jig saw?????:icon_scra)

You never cease to amaze me with your artistry!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

scroll saw... amazing how thick black felt hides my meager scrolling ability.:rotflm: I really need to splurge for some flocking equipment.:cool:

Rob, I got a lot of finishing to do before the pistola finds this box but I will get some finished pics with it in there. I also have to find some foam to line the top with but I don't know what thickness until I get it done.:dontknow:

thanks all for lookin.:wsmile:

cskipper

Cathy
That's the one - though it seemed like you had a picture of it held together by tape (before you upgraded to nails) - lo!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Super job Mr P. Take a good picture. I can see that on our 2012 calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS