Time for me to step down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
I talked to Steve about this last week, but the recent events on the forum kept me from saying anything here until the smoke cleared a little. Lately my "day job" has become increasingly demanding of my time, and keeping up with the responsibilities of my job without sacrificing my role as a husband/father has left me very little time to keep up with the needs of this forum. I thought things would slow down a bit after the first of the year, but they haven't so far... and I don't see that trend changing any time in the foreseeable future. :eusa_doh: This forum has a lot going on every day, and it requires more attention than I am currently able to give it. There are so many issues here that I have time to read, but I don't have time to give a fair, well-thought-out response to. This group deserves better than that.

So, as much as I hate to rock the boat even more (I have great timing don't I?!?), it's time for me to turn in my keys. I know that any one of the current staff could easily do the job of webmaster. I'm not posting anything in the general announcements until you decide who is going to play that role.

:eusa_thin Now, let me see... I know I have a shop around here somewhere.... :D

sapwood

New User
Roger
Monty,
I've missed the "good ole days" when you had time to provide guidance, support, and lots 'o fun. :laughing7

But I understand the need to prioritize your time as life goes on. You have so much talent to share in other arenas (day job, family), and NCWWer will have to get along without Monty the Webmaster. With the lessening of duties perchance you will have more time to participate as Monty the Member. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

BTW, don't change your phone number :eusa_hand
Steve has you on speed dial!

Genuine gratitude,
Roger

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Well I can understand but I hope you will still come around. Good luck Monty

cskipper

Cathy
Yep, great timing. I do understand about the day job taking more and more time. As Roger said, maybe you will have a little time to post more often, let alone find your shop. Kudos to you for all of your dedication and hard work on behalf of this group, and to keeping your priorities straight.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Monty, I think and I hope that I have said this before. You are one of the most important people to be a member of this site. You joined very early and have been with us ever since. Long before you were an admin or webmaster, you were the person who kept me from going over the deep end with some of my ideas on Website management:eusa_naug. You have always been and always will be my "chief" advisor. Your stewardship of the site was above and beyond the call of duty and your efforts will be sourly missed.

I'm going to assume that you will continue to be as active a member that you have time for. With your permission, after you announce to the public membership your situation, I am going to change your title to "Webmaster Emeritus" I will not change your permissions and such and you will continue to be part of the advisory Panel.

As far as who will be Webmaster, well as I suspect some of you have guessed already, I 've been stepping back into that role over the last month. I will take back that role again officially for a while and then we'll see what to do about it later.

Again, Thank you, thank you, thank you.:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1
:cry_smile:cry_smile:cry_smile:cry_smile

cskipper

Cathy
SteveColes:
I'm going to assume that you will continue to be as active a member that you have time for. With your permission, after you announce to the public membership your situation, I am going to change your title to "Webmaster Emeritus" I will not change your permissions and such and you will continue to be part of the advisory Panel.

Don't you mean "I hope you will continue to be part of the advisory Panel?":laugh:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Monty, I was just recently thinking about you, and wondering why you haven't weighted in on the current "situations" in your usual insightful Monty fashion. I am sorry to hear that you have become too busy to do the things that you do so well. But I hope that you will still be able to find the time to hang out with us as you can. If there is one person whose been most instrumental in this site has become...it's you. From day one you have supported the idea and concept and given it your all. Just today I had an e-mail exchange with an out of area registry-hopeful and told him that the decision was up to you if he was welcome to join. It dawned on me that there is a lot of stuff that is up to you to determine and control. I wondered if that was why we hadn't seen much posting from you for a while. I know that often just keeping up with the PMs I get takes up a large amount of my on-line time, I can't imagine how much you get. We will miss your assistance, but as Roger said so well, hopefully this will give you more time to participate as a regular member.

I am not sure exactly what your whole role with this site entailed, but I would be willing to take over the parts that I am able to do (probably very little of what you do day to day, as I am not a computer [STRIKE]geek[/STRIKE] wizard like you.
Thank-you for all that you have done, hopefully this site will still be the same without you (in your current role), but I doubt it.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Oh, sleepless one

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Thanks Monty. I am sorry to see you step down. Please tell us you will still be an active member !! I count you among the many friends I would not have known if not for this site.

Monty

New User
Monty
hehehe... "sleepless one"... I almost forgot about that! ;) Yep, I think I'll see if I can uncover some tools in the ol' shop. I appreciate all the kind words, but as I have always maintained, the bulk of the "work" around here gets done by the mods. I just hate that I don't have time to help out as much as I want to. But I do plan to continue to participate, and hopefully get some projects done so I'll have something to post about. Steve - there really is no need for a special title. That would probably just cause confusion.

sapwood

New User
Roger
. . . . Steve - there really is no need for a special title. That would probably just cause confusion.

:slap: This isn't the time for modesty. I like "Webmaster Emeritus" (or is it Emeritas?). Besides, someone may suggest we put your pix on the masthead :wtongue:

Roger

BTW, once upon a long, long time ago you gave me a link to the site where your avatar originated "sleepless one" :D

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Monty, indeed, you'll be missed as Webmaster -- that silent job behind the scenes that so few of the members see -- Steve really put it so well that you've always provided such sage advice and helped him through the growing pains of what has become a great site -- We recognize the sacrifice you've made and trust you'll be back in the shop and will post many threads down the road.

I must agree that "Webmaster Emeritus" needs to grace your masthead, but perhaps a fitting sub-head might be "Sleepless Penguin".... And I too hope you'll agree to stay on the Advisory Panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS