Thinking of a trade?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood

Well I've been thinking :eek: real hard about this.I'm wanting a mini,midi lathe.But I don't have the money to get one:nah:.So here's the deal.I've got this sander that I may be willing to trade for a nice mini or midi.I would like to have a good lathe.The sander has a 1hp. Baldor motor with a pump up sanding blader "that holds air".I looked on line and the sander they showed sales around $650.I couldn't find the exact model.Can't think of it right now:BangHead:.But if there is any interest I will post it.If you want to send me a PM with your phone # I can give you a call.If nobody is interested I can turn it into a buffer.

Thanks for reading,
Robert Arrowood

Well I got the name off the sander,it is a Sand-rite.I couldn't find a m# anywhere on it :icon_scra.When I went to there site the one they showed was $995:eek:.I also checked on the Brush head $175it is also a sand-rite.The sanding bladder is around $125.The motor like I said is a baldor 1hp,110/208-230 m#L1310 it list for $413.

Last edited:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
You should list it in the classified for sale or trade. I think odds of a sale are better than a trade and then you could buy your lathe. But listing it in the classifieds will also put it in view better. Just click the link up near the top on the right to Place a Classified Ad.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
You should list it in the classified for sale or trade. I think odds of a sale are better than a trade and then you could buy your lathe. But listing it in the classifieds will also put it in view better. Just click the link up near the top on the right to Place a Classified Ad.

Thanks Andy I thought about that:icon_scra.But then thought I would give the more active members a chance first.You know the one's that actually READ the threads.But if someone wants to make an offer they are more than welcome too.I just figured with the economy the way it is it would be better to trade:dontknow:.But I do take cash:rotflm:.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes post it in the classified ads. A lot of active members do not read every forum.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Robert hey buddy, list in in the classifieds here on the site and post the news maybe in a few more categories up here on the board. Some guys, myself included tend to hang out in a certain section most of the time.

I appreciate your telling us in the discussions first, so we could have first bids so to speak, very thoughful of you. I am in the same boat as you at this time, no money and totally understand your depressive frustrations. Trust me when i say that. Left my job as a cop to go back to North Carolina State University and well been tough,,, but no one would keep me on as a reserve officer working part time because of this stinking downspiraling economic crisis.

Anyway... i would also put it on craigslist, things tend to get lots of interested phone calls posted there and Ebay now offers up to 5 free listings a month and that opens up the world market to you.

You'll sell it if you keep right on advertising, heck i would buy it from you myself right now, if i was a little more financially stable. I would love to have it so i am sure that there are others that would as well.

Take care buddy and when you get that new lathe post some pics up here. May i say JET.... just thought i would throw that out there and no i have no stock in Jet, i just like the rigidity of their equipment, the simplistic design yet very rugged, easy to obtain parts for, and their tolerance levels are within .oo1", no vibration when turning at speeds of 3500 rpm or better unless of course the stock being turned is a little of center of its axis. Nice machines, i have a midi and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Take care, chris

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Dang ... I could think of a dozen reasons I'd like to have one ... but I had no idea the price was that high on those things!!!! Baldor is like Jaguar to woodworkers!

I'm with Chris ... I'd get it on eBay and CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS