Thick MDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I have a 4' x 9' assembly table that's topped with 7/8" MDF. Unfortunately during the construction of the new shop some of my "former" farm hands left it outside in the rain, and the top kinda did the hootchy - kootchy all over the place.

Can anybody advise me where the most economical place is to obtain 7/8" - 1" MDF (or suggest an alternative) in the RDU area?

Thanks.

Scott

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Why not use real plywood, baltic birch 2 x 3/4 would make one sturdy top and should last much longer than mdf.

fergy

New User
Fergy
We've purchased thick MDF from Wurth / Charlotte Hardwoods here in Charlotte. Should be the same inventory as your Raleigh Hardwoods.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Scott,
I got some 30mm thick 4 1/2 by 12 ' sheets.
I'll get exact measurement this evening. If you can use it, come and get it!
Lemme no what exact size you need.
Cheers,
Bernhard

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott,
I got some 30mm thick 4 1/2 by 12 ' sheets.
I'll get exact measurement this evening. If you can use it, come and get it!
Lemme no what exact size you need.
Cheers,
Bernhard

Yee - Haw - it doesn't get more economical that that!!! Bernhard, I will gladly take you up on your offer (besides, it's a good opportunity to see your shop!).

I'll get some exact measurements later today, as I recall it's 4' x 9' but I'll double check.

Thanks much.

And thanks to everybody else for your responses and suggestions.

Scott

rhett

New User
rhett
Get ready for some envy. I've seen his shop, and I think he is sponsored by Felder.:gar-Bi

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Yee - Haw - it doesn't get more economical that that!!! Bernhard, I will gladly take you up on your offer (besides, it's a good opportunity to see your shop!).

I'll get some exact measurements later today, as I recall it's 4' x 9' but I'll double check.

Thanks much.

And thanks to everybody else for your responses and suggestions.

Scott

Scott,

The sheets are 5x12 and 30 mm thick .....and very heavy!

Cheers,
Bernhard

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I have a 4' x 9' assembly table that's topped with 7/8" MDF. Unfortunately during the construction of the new shop some of my "former" farm hands left it outside in the rain, and the top kinda did the hootchy - kootchy all over the place.

Can anybody advise me where the most economical place is to obtain 7/8" - 1" MDF (or suggest an alternative) in the RDU area?

Thanks.

Scott

Hey Scott,

Check out this guy, he posted in the classifieds and has tonz of MDF see:

I got some from 11/16" to 1 1/4" to 1 5/16" thick and a great prices!
Here is the link to the classified add here on NCWW: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=292

Also I got all this for $100. :swoon: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Plus about 25 small scrap pieces free about 20"X28"x1 5/16" :banana:

Good luck with your choices,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS