The newest member of the farm family

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Last April Laureen acquired a rescue donkey, and named her "Lilly" (as in Easter Lilly). Fast forward to December, when it appeared that Lilly was really packing it on. Hmm.... I wonder... no, it couldn't be.... yup shore nuff.... she's pregnant.

We have no idea who the daddy is... must have happened not long before we acquired her.

Not knowing when she was bred, it's hard to figure out when she'll be due. Donkey's can carry for 11 - 14 months (it varies).

Today, when Laureen was examining Lilly, it appeared that the day was upon us. Not wanting to leave Lilly unattended, Laureen sent me off to the pharmacy at Target to pick up some "just in case" supplies. Without thinking, I asked the pharmacist "where I could find an enema for my donkey"....

Think about that one for a minute....

I think that she thought that I was being sarcastic, but I finally convinced her that my wife was a Vet and it was a real request.

At 12:45 am, baby Bogo (as in "Buy One, Get One") was brought into the world. A cute, healthy baby girl. Mom and daughter are well. Here they are:

Lily_baby_1.jpg

It's now around 4:30 am, and a tired Laureen and Scott are headed to bed.

Dragon

New User
David
"Where can I get an enema for my donkey?" Man I'd love to have been there for that one.:rotflm:
Congrats on the new addition.:eusa_clap

eyekode

New User
Salem
I can only think of very bad puns with the other word for donkey's... so I will leave it at congratulations :).

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congratulations on the addition of a new granddaughter, Scott.:gar-Bi

As any good grandpa knows, many pictures must be taken and shared with your friends here.

Good luck

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Congrats! A fine addition to the pack!

Right now I wish that rescue donkey would bring over a cask of Hot Chocolate!

I could use the save!

:rotflm::rotflm:

M

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Bogo looks healthy and very happy there, Scott!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Now. It's to me that you and Laureen could do with a bit of a R & R.:wsmile:

Congrats on the new member of the animal kingdom.

Wayne

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Congratulations on the new one Scott. With the weather it was good to have that baby blanket handy.
Its a wonderful thing to help, or watch a new born comming into the world, I have been there many times (horses, and cows) They are always lots of fun to watch stand up the first time. Good luck w/ them...

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Congrats Scott, Cathy and I wish both of you the best, What a cute addition to your family. looking forward to the next time we need eggs, give us a chance to see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors