The MOST figured Silver Maple you will ever see.....

teesquare

T
Senior User
The tight fiddleback on this covers 100% of the platter. 13" across. This wood came from Kirk DeHeer . Kirk runs the Dale Nish Woodturning School in Utah. I will be assisting Kirk teaching a class at John C Campbell for April 9-15.

Attachments

• Silver Maple Platter 1.jpeg
    Silver Maple Platter 1.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Silver Maple Platter back.jpeg
    Silver Maple Platter back.jpeg
    435.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Silver Maple close up.jpeg
    Silver Maple close up.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Silver Maple Platter Profile.jpeg
    Silver Maple Platter Profile.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 173

teesquare

T
Senior User
Very very cool! Great job getting such clean results on the turning and wow, what a piece of stock.
Thanks Scott. It was delicate cuts with extremely sharp tools every pass, then using a negative rake scraper on every surface. Then sanded from 180 to 600. Several coats of WATCO Danish Oil for finish.

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
If you look closely in that figure on the bottom of the bowl, it appears to read 'Made in China' :p

kidding of course... as always, great work, sir!! Appreciate the friendship and knowledge you've shared with me!

teesquare

T
Senior User
If you look closely in that figure on the bottom of the bowl, it appears to read 'Made in China' :p

kidding of course... as always, great work, sir!! Appreciate the friendship and knowledge you've shared with me!
😁… always one in every crowd!🤣 Thank you Rob- and my pleasure to share.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Very, very beautiful! Since I am not a turner I am interested in knowing if you knew what you had prior to turning or did it reveal itself as you worked?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS