sapwood

New User
Roger
Great stuff Rick, especially like No 3. :eusa_clap

Those should stir up some competition :glasses9:

Sapwood

cskipper

Cathy
OK, I put two in. I really like the first - but it probably isn't easily duplicatable (I'm sure that's not word), resizable...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cathy, I really like the one with the mountains and light house:icon_thum How are y'all doing these?? That one might be hard to reproduce on a small scale, but I think itis cool nonetheless.
Dave:)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Wow...there are some nice logos out there. I have a friend who does embroidery, if we go that route and that is not Mark's wife's specialty. She is in Winston-Salem, so we would be keeping the money within NC, which is good. I definately would prefer that we support someone (or someone's wife) in this group, but if nobody is available, she does great work and I'm sure she'd cut us a break....

I have to say, I like a lot of the logos out there, but am partial to the NCWW3 entry. I especially like the inclusion of the quintessential woodworker's tool (the handplane) as stated by Woodcraft magazine. I'm just a little concerned about the confusion that it may cause new members trying to find the site...:eusa_shhh:-D:lol::rolf:

NCWW3_thumb.jpg

(ncwoodworker.net) Seriously, though...nice work! It is really sharp.
Chris

cskipper

Cathy
Clip art and word art. I agree that it would be difficult to reproduce, but thought it was cool so I submitted it anyway.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
All of the logos that I posted were created with Adobe Illustrator CS2 (very late at night I might add). I can save them in several different formats: EPS, PDF, JPEG, TIFF, etc., after I correct the typos. Part of my business is typesetting and design, I'm sure I can provide files that will work.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
rbdoby said:
All of the logos that I posted were created with Adobe Illustrator CS2 (very late at night I might add). I can save them in several different formats: EPS, PDF, JPEG, TIFF, etc., after I correct the typos. Part of my business is typesetting and design, I'm sure I can provide files that will work.
How about photoshop? So I can get to the layers?
I'd like to combine some elements form differnet ones.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Gary, there is a separate section in Photo Galleries that contains the entries. Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom.

Sapwood

DavidF

New User
David
I like the ncmaps one with the saw blade through the state. Having said that a penquin somewhere would be a conversation starter for sure!!!

rbdoby

New User
Rick
I have PhotoShop but it is much easier to draw and set type in Illustrator. I'll see if I can create a PhotoShop file for you. What version of PhotoShop do you have?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
rbdoby said:
I have PhotoShop but it is much easier to draw and set type in Illustrator. I'll see if I can create a PhotoShop file for you. What version of PhotoShop do you have?

CS2

It's the tool I know how to use:lol:

The only thing I want to do is try a few ideas and then let someone with talent make them into reality.:eusa_danc

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Just another word on the intent for the logo.

It is first and foremost the logo for the site. That means look at the top of the screen and think how it would look up there. It could use the same same or complimentry color scheme or I can change the site's color scheme to match.

Then we might need custimized versions for for t-shirts and golf shirts or hats.

Monty

New User
Monty
I uploaded a couple... but based on my uploads it should be obvious that ...

1. I have no creative talent whatsoever
  2. I can change colors in Photoshop
  3. I have no shame (but ya'll knew that already)

So, with appologies to those who actually have real creativity, I just made a couple of "possible" modifications to what I think would great logo candidates!

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
:p Apparently, when Insomniac says he can change colors in Photoshop, he found...uh...green. Let's see how long it takes him to locate some of the other colors. Hint: look around the circle or 'wheel'. Good job staying in the lines, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS