The great ncwoodworker logo contest -again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
A while ago, I asked for people to submit logo designs. Well we have grown quite a bit since then. So I would like to try again.

I have to stop our advertising using Google Adwords, which BTW has been the biggest source of new members. So I am looking at ways to get the word out.

Imagine, if all of our members that went to the shows this weekend were wearing ncwoodworker.net t-Shirts with an eye catching logo. And then when you were asked about it, you whipped out a business card with all the contact info.

So anyway, if that type of thing were to work, we need a better logo. So all of you are welcome to submit your ideas. The logo candidate gallery is the place to put them. I've increased the size limitations for this gallery to take images up to 9MB. So please upload your design there.

Thanks

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Steve D said:
I'll be happy to vote in support of designs but have no skill to offer here.

Ditto for me too. I flunked Art in first grade and have absolutely no aptitude for creative desing, but I do know what I like when I see it :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Second the emotion :!:

I would be proud to sport a nifty looking NCWoodworker logo and spread the word. So get going folks. Personally I'm designed challenged, but after managing print designers for many years I do know ugly :slap: (I'm leaving myself wide open with that comment)

Sapwood

b4man

New User
Barbara
I'm on it! Great idea, can't wait to get a tee shirt. I love more clothes about as much as more tools!

M

McRabbet

Hey Barb, welcome back -- hope your trip to the Caribbean was fun and relaxing -- But, wasn't it tough to get a tool box on board?

Rob

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks and I'm happy to be back! The weather was pretty good down there :cool: but without my dovetail saw (aka door cut off saw) I didn't know what to do with my hands:drunken_s I have to tell you guys I hated missing the show here and Charlotte for no other reason that I missed seeing every body. Next year I will plan my vacation earlier in February.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Just a thought or two in passing. I, for one,and there may or may not be others, don't usually wear "T-Shirts". I usually wear a golf style shirt, collar, pocket, etc. These are generally more expensive than regular 'T's. I do wear a baseball style cap often which is generally less expensive than a golf style shirt, but, more than a screen printed 'T'. So, rather than suggest a golf style shirt, I would suggest that we consider baseball style caps with the logo embrodered on the front. This is just my feelings. Others please chime in.

If the cap is a go, or an embrodered golf style shirt, I have one source I can get a quote from. I would strongly suggest that more than my quote be gotten if we go this direction.

George

M

McRabbet

I agree on both the Cap and Golf-style shirts, and I'll go one step farther -- I think it was Tarhead at the Charlotte show who said his wife had some amazing embroidery skills with a super sewing machine... Hmmmm -- how about embroidered logos on hats and shirts! Maybe Kota62 can come up with a design based on some of those superb presentation plaques he's been making for departing service colleagues....

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
No artistic skills to speak of, but I can vote well! T's, golf shirts, hats, whatever!

considering the growing number of retiree's here, the hats would prolly be a good idea. That way the older guys and I can hide our receding hair lines :-(

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great idea, Steve!!! Will give it some thought, but I too am not too artistic, but may be able to come up with a general theme that could be refined.

Don't want to wear anything that would have that silly penquin riding an out of control saw blade!!!!:lol: :lol:

Thanks again for all of your support!

Wayne

rbdoby

New User
Rick
The new logo idea is great. Let me give you a little advice. Logos need to look good in a wide range of sizes, say from business card size to a size covering the back of a t-shirt. Keep is simple, that always works best.

Rick Doby

cskipper

Cathy
It would be great to offer several options. I, for one, virtually never wear a hat and am much more likely to have on a teeshirt than a golf shirt. I'm afraid we'll get frustrated trying to agree on one item.

I think we may all be jumping the gun - let's decide on a logo first. If we decide on a logo (and I like the current one) maybe we can get someone or someplace to set it up and then we could buy whatever we want.

The other use for a logo would be for name tags (certainly can be home made-like some of us did for the shows this past weekend) for wearing to shows. Someone who didn't have the money or inclination to buy a piece of clothing could still identify themselves at shows.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
We have several new candidates in the gallery. Plus one from Cathy, that I can't figure out how to post.

Cathy, you have any luck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So far what I have seen in the gallery are great, I will reserve stating my opinion until I see all the entries.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS