The Big Ash Workbench Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Add another comment for "impressed!". I hope my build comes out as nice. I am using a home made leg vise similar to the benchcrafted version (not the x-hatch).

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
One thing I have zero talent for is carving. Heck, I can't even write legibly, much less carve anything someone could read!! :no: It would just look like a chisel had slipped. :eek:

Hey, thanks for all the nice comments, y'all. I do appreciate it. I am looking forward to putting it to use.

Stop that :) for a guy who cant write legibly you make up for it in flatwork artistry

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
One thing I have zero talent for is carving. Heck, I can't even write legibly, much less carve anything someone could read!! :no: It would just look like a chisel had slipped. :eek:

Hey, thanks for all the nice comments, y'all. I do appreciate it. I am looking forward to putting it to use.

alright - we are a community here - I sincerely agree with Bill - you need to "sign" it in some way, you should decide and then we find a chip carver, laser, CNC, whatever - and get something on that GORGEOUS bench!

W Burton

New User
Bill
alright - we are a community here - I sincerely agree with Bill - you need to "sign" it in some way, you should decide and then we find a chip carver, laser, CNC, whatever - and get something on that GORGEOUS bench!

I am going to get a little engraved tag to put on it, I think. That will do until I can find a course in bronze casting, when I can learn how to make a little cast plaque for it. Not sure where to go for a course like that, but I bet it would be fun to learn something about that art.

BTW, Lake Erie Toolworks notified me today that the bench will be their featured workbench of the month for July. I am pretty excited about that!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
BTW, Lake Erie Toolworks notified me today that the bench will be their featured workbench of the month for July. I am pretty excited about that!

Congratulations!
Remember us little people as you are signing autographs and answering fan mail!

Seriously, that honor is deserved, that bench is beautiful!

I forgot to ask if you are building another one that you plan to do woodworking on? :rotflm:

eyekode

New User
Salem
Great bench thread! Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
I especially love the picture of all the joints laying unassembled :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS