That Tea House at it's final home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The pictures just came in of the Tea House I made back in late May finally installed at our client's huge Koi pond. They were taken with a camera phone :roll: so they're not the best. But I thought y'all would like to see how the project finally ended up. The addition of the Tea House to his landscape has made his pond a favorite meeting location for the local Koi club. It may soon be beaten by the 15,000 gallon 8' deep pond we are just wrapping up, but there is no woodworking involved with it...so it ain't that special.

InstalledTeahouse2.JPG

InstalledTeahouse1.JPG

Thanks for looking :-D :-D

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
As final resting places go it looks like the tea house has found a good one! It looks incredibly peaceful and relaxing at the tea house. Neat stuff!

Chuck

T

toolferone

That is so cool. I would love to kick back and relax there. Maybe bring my fishing pole too!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I might have to join the local Koi club so I can get a close up look and hang out for a while:icon_thum

pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
toolferone said:
Maybe bring my fishing pole too!

I don't think that our client would appreciate you catching his Koi, I believe the most expensive one is around $10,000...that's one tie-dyed carp :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Very nice! Looks right at home - congrats on another job well done!

$10K for a fish, huh? Hope they have installed a patriot missile defense system to take out any stray egrets that happen to wander into the area!!! :lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Your tea house looks great in its final resting place Dave.:icon_thum I am glad I had the opportunity to see it up close at the Home Show. Thanks for providing the additional pix.

D L

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Having seen it at the Home Show, I must admit that it does look even more fabulous in it's own natural environment!

DaveO. You certainly have given this client a definite showpiece and am sure that they will continue to receive a lot of compliments on the design and work!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

So.... I have to ask. Who did the move and the final install?? It sure looks like it was built on-site.

Fabulous work and you must be very proud of the results!

Wayne

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Hey Dave O, did you say your company was doing the koi pond?

If so, did you guys use bottom drains in the pond? The last few I have built did not have bottom drains, but I have heard that they are a real help. I am plannning on building another one in the near future, and would like to improve on things if I can.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Canuck said:
So.... I have to ask. Who did the move and the final install?? It sure looks like it was built on-site.

Wayne

One of our deck sub-contractors (the guy who helped me with the roof) did the permanent installation. He had to make a few modifications for permanency and access in current orientation.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
JohnsonMBrandon said:
Hey Dave O, did you say your company was doing the koi pond?

If so, did you guys use bottom drains in the pond?

Yes, for a Koi pond we always use several bottom drains and vortex settlement tanks in conjunction with mid-water circulation jets to help de-stratify the water and move the debris out of the pond. I highly recommend W. Lim components www.wlimcorp.com. You might check out our web-site. www.raleighlandscape.com It has several good links to Koi pond construction informational sites. Also there is the NC Koi Society www.nckws.com and Koiphen a Koi forum site very similar to this one (except the hardcore Koi-heads are a weird breed with their own language :roll: )

JRD

New User
Jim
With 10K$, you can buy a boat and catch all the fish you want! I'll even bet they'd taste better than Carp.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

I think someone in this thread already said it... the tea house looked good before, but in its new / natural setting it's beautiful.

... and if I had enough money to buy one of those fish, I'd be at the local woodworking store instead...

Ray

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
JRD said:
With 10K$, you can buy a boat and catch all the fish you want! I'll even bet they'd taste better than Carp.

Believe me if I had a fish worth 10 grand it would be SOLD! Maybe Woodguy can start a koi pond with some expensive fish to sell to fund his tool buying addiction.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
I'd hire someone to sit out by my koi pond and shoot stray cats and grizzly bears.

Or, conversely, I'd hold a benefit for "Woodguy Disease" and sell plates at $850 a pop.

Last edited:

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Holy cow Dave, that's nice. I bet that is a nice place to go to and relax, meditate, etc. Good job.
:eusa_clap
Tom

chris99z71

New User
Chris
DaveO that looks great! I remember when you posted the inital concept drawings and were considering taking the job. I have no doubt that you have a very satisfied customer!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Man, that's one relaxing environment. It's soo coool!

Guess I'd have to be careful about throwing my beer bottles in the pond :oops:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS