Thanks to Mike and Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saturday, I attended the sharpening work shop hosted by Bill Clemmons and conducted by Mike Davis. Bill has a wonderful shop and Mike was a great mentor. I arrived with dull and I mean dull tools and left with razor sharp tools plus the knowledge on how to keep them sharp. I also had the opportunity to meet some newer members, make new friend and catch up with some old friends. It was a perfect day.

For those who are signed up for a future session you are in for a real treat.

THANKS BILL & MIKE

BTW Bill will be posting pictures.....

Rob

New User
Rob
Yep, learned a lot, got my wooden rabbit plane cutting great, learned you have to hone the chip breaker on the plane, learned that I was way too worried about the sole of the plane, and generally had a great time with great friends. Mike, thanks for taking the time to teach, and Bill, thanks for hosting.

Oh, and I learned another use for blue tape. But that's my secret.
Drogar-BigGrin%28DBG%29.gif

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Mike and Bill,

Thank you both for your generosity. It was a great day. Mike you taught me a bunch.:gar-Bi Bill's shop is really wonderful. I found all kinds of things I liked, and I found another use for blue tape also. I had no idea it could be used that way.:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Re: Hold on a second here...

So a bunch of well regarded NCWWer get together, have some fun, do some WW related learning, and there are no pictures?

Hate to say it, but it has to be said "No pictures, didn't happen!"

Sorry I missed it - and I have the dull tools to prove that.

Henry W

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Not sure if I thanked Bill enough for hosting this, I had a lot of fun with the workshop and especially drooling on all of Bill's [STRIKE]collection[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]shop tools[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Museum[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]heritage[/STRIKE] auction finds. :rotflm:

Looking forward to the next one.

And maybe, as someone suggested, a possible spoon carving workshop?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It was fun, I learned so much. Not just how to sharpen, but how to use those tools we sharpened.
Also, don't be afraid, just do it. There is always someone around here to help you out. (I thought we weren't supposed to mention the blue tape?!)

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
This was my first experience meeting some of the guys from NC woodworker. I must say that I was blown away by the friendliness and generosity of the group. Everyone was very welcoming and I learned a TON. Thank you to everyone for making this a great experience and a special thanks to Bill and Mike.

Jeremy

nelsone

New User
Ed
Many thanks to Mike and Bill! It was a great way to spend an afternoon. It was interesting how that blue migrated!

IMG_00901.JPG

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Uh oh, looks like I posted my comments and the pics on the wrong thread. They're at the end of this one. But here a couple just in case you don't want to go there.

Mike demonstrating a technique.

And what kind of NCWW event would it be without food? Pizza and pound cake!

There are a lot more pics here. They're well worth the visit.

Incidentally, I seem to be missing almost a whole role of blue tape. Hmmm! Wonder if I'm missing anything else? Maybe I better take inventory. Now if I could just remember what I had to begin with. :rotflm:

Y'all come back now! :eusa_danc

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors