Thanks Jeff & Scott...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
For all that y'all do so well :icon_thum In my eyes the Wood Run today was a huge success. Not only did many of us score some great Red Oak at an excellent price but it was another great NCWW social time as well. I met a few more members that I haven't had the privilege of meeting. I had hoped to get 200 BF of QSRO, but my truck told me that ~160 BF was enough. I got home and tallied my load and it came up to 163 BF at a cost of $2.75 a BF. Jeff's Granville county math is getting much better :icon_thum I unloaded my stash into the shop, and on closer inspection I would have to say that 80% of it was FAS with the rest teetering between Select and #1. The current local retail rate for QSRO is $4.85-6.60 :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
The wood is thick and well dried with very little distortion or end checking. I haven't surfaced any of it yet but I can see through the dust some great QS figure and good color. I was particularly happy with the widths that were available. Having only a 6" jointer, I really like 6-7" wide boards as they produce less waste. My average board width over 40 boards was 6.125", it can't get more efficient than that.
Proof of happening, at least stacked in my shop -

Woodrun_10-08_001.jpg

The picking and choosing went smoothly and as far as I know no one got FredP'ed, but there was a lot of lumber being swung around :eek:.
So thanks guys for providing this community with the wood they desire at a reasonable cost and convenient pick-up with perks :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Respectfully submitted,

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Dave your very welcome, a big thanks to Jim for supplying the trees, if a tornado wouldn't have come by his place none of this would have happened. Just in case you guys are wondering Jim can whip a chainsaw and run a sawmill besides being a great furniture maker.

And a big thank you to Scott for drying the lumber and opening up his farm so we could have the lumber run there. Whispering Pines Farm is a site better than the HF parking lot isn't it?

Lastly a big thanks to everyone who purchased lumber today - NCWoodworker members are a class act, I've said it before and I'll say it again you would be hard pressed to find a nicer bunch of folks.

Granville county math is like anything else, practice practice practice :roll: I'm really glad no one got FredP'ed today and you happy with your stash.

Here's a few more pics - we got a picture of you practicing for the worlds strongest man contest pulling a tractor with a cable :gar-La;

P101000138.JPG

P101000242.JPG

P101000331.JPG

P101000430.JPG

P101000522.JPG

P101000618.JPG

P101000713.JPG

Really good pictures of Jim and Scott in this batch

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I was a little late arriving, but I got about 50BDFT of some great lumber!

WISH NOW I HAD PICKED UP AT LEAST ANOTHER 50 BDFT!!!!

Never attended a lumber run before, but I can honestly say that these guys are the BEST!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc

Next time, maybe I'll know that this little old S10 PU is capable of twice the amount I picked up today! (LOML was very happy when I told her the amount of $$$'s I saved this household!!!)

Thanks again guys. I really appreciate all of the hard work that you guys put into this run!

A Class Act, for sure!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Last edited:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Glad y'all had a good time. I gotta find an excuse to be in the Triangle area for one of these runs.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
sorry I missed this one folks but my noggin just cudntstandeet!:rotflm: jeffs math is good fer sure.:icon_thum looks like a great time was had by all. maybe I can get the next run? :dontknow: meby' meby not. gonna hafta play it by ear.[thats right below the noggin!]:gar-La;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
That sure was some pretty QSRO. :thumbs_up It was still warm from the oven. I too want to thank Jeff and Scott. I know you and not in it just for the fun but I always leave a wood run with plenty of wood and happy.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
All - thanks for the kind words as well as the business! It's always great to meet fellow members of the NCWoodworkers.net, and today was no exception. As always, my only regret was that I did not take the time to visit more in-depth with the folks that were here today.

Although most of the leftover oak is spoken for, I do have around 700 bd ft of KD red and white oak in my own personal stash. Seeing as I have a surplus of logs, I think that it makes sense to reduce my inventory level so that I'll have room to mill, dry and inventory some of the boards in those big logs!

Please send me a PM if anybody is interested.

Thanks again.

Scott

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Thanks Jeff and Scott for some mighty fine QSRO and my diving board.
I would have stayed a bit longer, but lifting the diving board pulled a muscle in my back.
I'll be fine, but they were heavy.
Once again thanks.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks guys,

Jeff, you do great work. I cleaned up a few boards last night, and it is some really good looking QSRO. Thanks.

Scott, you have a great set-up out there. Thanks for loading up the kilns and for having us all out to pick through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS