Thank you to Klingspor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
A thank you goes out to Klingspor woodworking shop in Raleigh for hosting the woodworking contest yesterday. This provided a great opportunity to meet others from this site and see the work

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will echo that. There is a lot of amazing talent. Our good buddy Earl won best in show in the open division.Many other members took home ribbons for and other prizes.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
The picture.
IT really did happen.

DSC00226.JPG

View image in gallery

Bryan S

Bryan
There were some great pieces on display and I know at least 2 of our members had 1st place ribbons :eusa_clap

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Earl's amazing work looks even better in real life...so does Earl. I had a very enjoyable time meeting up with old friends, and new ones too. Where else can a group of people get together and say I remember your name, but I can't place your face?
I especially want to thank my fellow Woodworkers for awarding my Rhylander Clock the Woodworkers Choice Award, and NCWW for the cash award.
In all, a great display of amazing talent by fantastic Woodworkers.

jhreed

New User
james
I got there very late but was able to meet Bruce "sawman101". I had the impression from our forum, that he was a very nice man. Our meeting proved my impression. Such a nice man, really enjoyed meeting & talking with him.
James

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I also got there late and could not stay long, but I did get to talk with Bruce Very nice man and great artist.

prolfe

New User
Paul Rolfe
I would like to send out a very serious thank you to everyone in the woodworking community for making this year's show a success. I echo what was said above in that we all have the occasion to talk with others but we can never get a real appreciation for how deeply talented folks are until we get to meet them and see their work in an event such as this. I hope that people reading this, who did not participate, will think seriously about joining the fun next year. It is the only event of its kind in the state of North Carolina. (Woodcarving shows excluded.)

I especially want to thank those folks that helped with the logistics of the show and demonstrated during the show. And lastly, on behalf of WONC, I would like to thank everyone who donated items to the auction and also bought items there. It too was a success.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS