Teaser Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

In less than a week, we will announce the Spring North Carolina Woodworker Raffle! I'm proud to say that we have our largest suite of prizes ever -- over $4,500 worth! We've got everything from marking and layout tools, to top quality hand tools for prepping your joinery, to major power tools for cutting and turning, to jigs and assembly aids, to bunches of woodworking classes for learning and even some Gift Certificates for more!

So don't spend that Tax Return yet; save up to buy your $5 tickets!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Tax return???? Explain to me exactly how that works. Being self employed, every year I have to write a check or two.

M

McRabbet

Tax return???? Explain to me exactly how that works. Being self employed, every year I have to write a check or two.
I do too and I'm retired... I still owe four digits to the IRS... But then I'm not eligible to buy any tickets...

M

McRabbet

No IOU's but there's still five more days for that 88 gazillion dollar return to come in!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
So, how long does the tease last? My $5.00 tax refund is burning a hole in my pocket. :gar-La;

M

McRabbet

We kick it all off on the 15th, hence the tax refund reference (even though you have until the 18th to file federal taxes this year). But to take full advantage, you'll need to buy more than that $5 refund will get you -- two prizes in the package have a combined value of over $2,000, so you'd need at least two tickets to get them both!

thrytis

New User
Eric
If the raffle includes woodworking classes, are you implementing a better way to handle class awards when the initial winner can't attend? The last raffle seemed kind of messy. You could do something like select a list of runner ups with the initial drawing and start collecting responses of who can attend in case the winner can't make it.

M

McRabbet

We do have woodworking classes in the prize pool and this time, the ticket winner gets to select the class they wish to take from the vendor's schedule, up to the value of the prize. This should preclude any issues with scheduling conflicts. I assure you that the winners will not be disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS