Tea house WIP part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, another two days have past and I got a little more done on my Tea house project. Most of the deck flooring is complete. I need some more boards to complete it, because 6 of the 22 boards that we got were unaccepatable (I didn't pick out the lumber myself). I spent today cleaning up the Redwood timbers, they had years of grit, grime and Pigeon poop on them from Capital City Lumber, and cutting the half-lap jointery. They are pinned with 1/2" Oak dowels.
I am really begining to hate W. Red Cedar, it splits so easy and if I got one splinter I've got a 100 from it :eusa_doh:

GGtableandteahouse015.jpg

GGtableandteahouse017.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Dave:)

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Your really moving along.:eusa_clap
starting to look like something, cant wait to see it finished:eusa_danc

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
For someone in PT you sure are getting a lot done! Nice job on the half laps.
Take care of that knee!
Randy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
PappyJ said:
For someone in PT you sure are getting a lot done!
Randy

This is physical therapy, it's a lot easier on me than the stuff I pay money for. All they do it make me lift weights and push the range of motion in my knee. I have always said that I don't work-out, I work :lol: :lol:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
That's quite a project you have there. Looking good. Are you building it by yourself?

erasmussen

New User
RAS
It looks like you got it in your driveway.
Your daughter might think its her new playhouse then you would just have to leave it there:lol::lol::lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dolan, so far I have done the work myself, I'll probably enlist some help as the deadline gets closer and hire someone else to install it in it's permanent location after the show.
Earl, my daughter thinks it's her own dance stage. She has been headlining on the "driveway stage" all weekend. Sold out crowd:-D Very cute!!!!:-D

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave, your tea house is looking really good.:icon_thum How are you planning to attach the rafters where it can still be disassembled? Where is the final product going to be displayed prior to being turned over to the client?

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
D L, Sapwood, it will be on display at the Southern Ideal Home Show this next weekend (4/7-4/9) at our display at the entrance to the Jim Graham Bld., Raleigh State Fair Grounds.
I plan to cut birds-mouths that will seat the rafter assemblies on the upper beams, and toe-screw them in place.
We are given tickets to give out to customers and friends, and they are never used all up. So if any of you, my friends, want to see the show, just go to the Show Office (north side of the Graham Bld. near the new Expo center), and tell them you are a guest of Down to Earth Designs and you can get 2 free passes. Save $10 bucks :-D Hope to see some of y'all!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Looking great Dave, I wish I was closer to see the live and in person version. :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

I really think I need to add 2 points, here. First, I think Dave is really building a new storage unit for that fancy new lawn tractor he's gotten. Second, it's really sad for me to say "it didn't happen", because when your daughter danced at her first driveway stage show for the neighborhood, there are no pics! Come on, Dave -- you've got to show us the proof!

In focused anticipation, I eagerly await your pictorial response!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS