Taking the Plunge (not router)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am retiring from Corp life at the end of March. This week the company made me an offer I could not refuse. Please no comments on the economy or jobs. Be happy for me. I am very very tired of 12 hours days, working weekends, trips to not fun places, conference calls, emails and sleepless nights. The time is right for me.

I am looking forward to shop time, completing a few items on the honey do list and dealing with life on my terms. Oh yes I do expect visitors. What good is a new shop and a house on a lake without friends to share it with.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
congrats Scott!:icon_thum:icon_thum Enjoy it because they may want to subcontract ya.......:rotflm: Now get that shop set up.:icon_cheers

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement, Scott. Sounds like you won't miss the corporate world any more than I will.:no:

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
:eusa_clap:eusa_clapCongratulations. You will soon find that you don't have the time to do all the things you've wanted to do all these years you've been working.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll have some times where you feel lost - that's normal. Just relax. I know you will love having the freedom.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Soooo happy for you!

You've paid your dues, time for a return.....

Cograts!

M

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome to your third life (I count childhood as the first). No more days off, no more paid vacations, no more free lunches. Pretty soon you will be wondering how you ever had time for a "job". Remember all those things you wanted to try but never had the time? Well, now you will if you let yourself. Enjoy the fruits of those past years of labor!!

Congratulations !!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Go

jhreed

New User
james
You live on a lake? Let me give you some advise. Do not put a hook on your fishing line. If you put a hook on your line, some pesky fish will come along and bite it. If you do not use a hook, fish will bite the line, but he can get off by himself.

James

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
FANTASTIC, Scott. Three and a half years ago my long time employer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I grabbed the check and ran like a scalded dog. In hindsight, I wish I had done it ten years earlier. Like you, I was fed up w/ the corporate world and just plain worn out. W/ all the shop time I've been able to get in since then, I feel like my skill level has increased a notch, maybe two. Or at least I've been able to get a few shop projects done. :gar-La;

Enjoy your retirement: the best years of your life are ahead of you. :eusa_danc

Bill

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Time to enjoy the new shop, home, and a lake?
If you find its too much to handle, give me a call and I'll try to help!!
:gar-Bi
ENJOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS