Table saw worries over

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhett

New User
rhett
Finally got my saw situation ironed out. Opted to upgrade to the X5 b/c I like the unifence and a right tilt saw is hard to find these days.

Attachments

• x5.jpg
    x5.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 148

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Rhett,

What base is tha under the saw? I just ordered a Delta base for my 52" Unisaw and was wondering if yours is the Delta. I had ordered an HTC base but canceled after reading too many negative reviews.

Dan C.

rhett

New User
rhett
That is the "free" base I got when I purchased the previous POS. WoodWorkersSupply let me keep it when I returned the other unisaw. It is a Delta base. Fits the saw perfect, my only complaint (small) is when I bolted on the extension it lifted 1" up on the far side. I just put a 2x4 at the joint and my wife and I stood on opposite ends to bend it back level.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hey Rhett!

YOU SUCK!

Plan on cutting some wide stock? Looks like you could handle 12' sheets :lol:
Glad you got things resolved.

BTW I finally found a Unifence for my Griz :mrgreen: The World Wide Web and Amazon failed me . . . but the local Lowes had three in stock :roll: Cost a little more but incuded the extension table and legs.

Roger

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice saw Rhett :icon_thum I am glad you got it all worked out. What is all that cord I see in front of the saw? Do I need to come over and add some more outlets :rolf:

T

toolferone

It looks like you put both cast iron wings on the right side. The saw looks ready to go.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Hey Rhett,

What base is tha under the saw? I just ordered a Delta base for my 52" Unisaw and was wondering if yours is the Delta. I had ordered an HTC base but canceled after reading too many negative reviews.

Dan C.

Dan, I also have the Delta mobile base on my Uni. IMHO it's the best engineered product Delta puts out. Period.

I have the 52" Biese, ext table/legs, too. Can move the whole assy with one hand. It takes a few minutes to level out then you're through. 3 1/2 years on mine and I have to move the saw frequently. You're gonna like it.

sawman

New User
Albert
I bought my X5 2 years ago and it came with the same mobile base you have on yours and it works well. Why kind of sliding table do you have? Did you have to cut the fence guide rails to install it?

Albert, Al or whatever:saw:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Finally got my saw situation ironed out. Opted to upgrade to the X5 b/c I like the unifence and a right tilt saw is hard to find these days.

That's a real beauty Rhett. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

I'm really glad you bought what you wanted. How does she cut?

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS