Table saw switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Seems my Delta contractor saw won't shut off any longer. I have to pull the plug out to turn the saw off. Not the safest method.

I haven't torn into it yet, but I'm guessing the switch burned out. Anyone suggest an after market switch?

Sully

New User
jay
Is it a magnetic contactor switch?

It might be as simple as taking it apart and blowing it out with compressed air. The contacts may be welded shut and need cleaning. UNPLUG the saw before any switch maintenance.

Rob

New User
Rob
I don't believe it is a magnetic switch. I'm going to take it apart tonight and look at it. It's unplugged, only way to turn off the saw.

And looking online, it looks like they discontinued the switch, can't find a replacement. Anyone know of an after market switch? I want to be able to maintain some saftey.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Rob -

For a contractor saw, I expect it is not a magnetic starter (contactor). One of these from Grizzly would likely work. Just be sure the ratings are sufficient to handle your motor.

C.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey Rob,

Yours is not a starter, (magnetic nor manual), it's just a basic switch. I can come by this weekend and help you fix it, but it may not be a bad time to upgrade to a mag switch setup, (I'd be happy to help there as well).

I may have a surplus mag starter that will work - let me check my "stash". Do you happen to know your motor HP/ amp draw? Are you wired @ 110V or 220V?

Rob

New User
Rob
I'll check that tonight, I know it's 110v. Don't know the HP though. Thanks Chris, at least I know I can get one. Wonder why delta quit supplying them? There goes my excuse to buy a new cabinet saw.

Rob

New User
Rob
Switch is toast, tried cleaning it out, parts came out. Heath, it's a 1.5 HP 110v 15 amp, the switch is rated for 20 amps. Let me know, I can order one from Grizzly for reasonable.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I had the switches on both my Delta lathe and contractor saw go bad :BangHead::BangHead: Replaced both with magnetic starters with true start and stop buttons much safer:icon_thum

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I think HD/Lowes carries motor-rated toggle switches if you just need something to get up and going, but I would get a Grizzly switch or similar and be done with the problem permanently.

I have the Grizzly switch on my RAS (for 12V control) and it works fine although the mounting in not entirely intuitive.

BTW, was the Delta switch the old-style 'baseball bat' toggle switch ?

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS