Table Saw Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angex

New User
Connor
Hello all,

So i want to get a good combination blade. I am thinking between a Forrest. I am not sure exactly which one would be best i think either the [h=1]Forrest WW10407125 Woodworker II Carbide Tipped Circular Saw Blade 10" x 40 Tooth[/h]
or

[h=1]Forrest WW10401125 Woodworker II Grind Saw Blade 10" x #1 x 40 Tooth[/h]
i am not sure the difference between the one that says Grind and the one that doesn't.

or

[h=1]Freud P410 Fusion Premier Circular Saw Blade 10" x 5/8" Bore x 40 Tooth[/h]
I am thinking of those but if anyone has any better suggestions that would be much appreciated.

I have a Jet Pro shop table saw.
1 2/4 HP

I plan on going to woodcraft and klingsplor this weekend in Raleigh so any help before then would help out very much.

Thanks
as always this is the best site ever.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I've had the Freud for awhile and it has been just fine. I have heard the Forrest blades don't keep sharp as long. Not having used them, I can't say for sure, but you do get some sharpening coupons when you buy the blade. My saw has a 2hp motor and I have not bogged down cutting thick stock with the Freud. i don't think you would go wrong getting either blade. Is the second Forrest blade referring to the arbor hole with that #1?

Roy G

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
The Woodworker II is a good blade. I have one (thin kerf) that I have had sharpened once by Raleigh Saw and it has performed like new. It is pricey though.

I did purchase the thin kerf of the Freud Fusion and have found that it is increnentaly better that than the Woodworker II!:eusa_danc The only downside is that they (Freud) recommend that it be sharpened by an authorized Freud dealer (Charlotte for me) due to the compund angle cuts in each tooth. I have been using the Freud for about 18 months and it still performs like new. + 1 for the Frued at about 1/3 off the price of the Woodmaster.

Just my own personal observations, yours may differ....

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have the same saw, and I prefer thin kerf blades. Full kerf blades are fine with stock up to 3/4", but I've found it has some difficulty with thicker, harder stock. I've had great results with the Freud 60T thin kerf blade. Conventional general purpose blades have 40T, but for some reason this blade rips pretty well too. Of course, for the really thick stock (2" hard maple), I switch to a dedicated 24T thin kerf ripping blade.

cpw

New User
Charles
Connor,

I too have a Jet Proshop TS. I did a research on combo blades not too long ago and decided that when I get ready to "trade up" over the stock blade I am going to give the Infinity Super General a try, but I have not ordered yet so I cannot make a personal recommendation.

FlyingRon

Ron
I've had Freud's for years, no complaints. I am however mostly using the combo blade that came with the sawstop, but I have a Freud thin rip blade and one of their thin 80 tooth ones for fine stuff.

DWSmith

New User
David
I have the Forrest thin and regular kerf blades. As for performance, I can't see anything which makes them worth the extra dollars. The 20 tooth rip blade is very good but again I don't think it is worth the extra cost.

I did luck up on a CMT 10" 50ct combination blade at Lowes. The first one I purchased is still cutting well. Well enough I bought a second and may go back for a third since they are discontinued and marked down.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I own a couple of Forrest WWII's, Freud, Delta, DeWalt, and Oldham 50 tooth combo blades, Oldham 40 GP blades, but my do everything blade is the Delta ( or DeWalt) 35-7657. Cripe Distributing has them priced at $18 each, and with shipping is about $32 to your door. This is one of the best blade values out there. All my blades (except one) are full kerf. I run them on my Delta Contractor's saw which has a 2.0 HP motor.

decibel

New User
Patrick
I have one of the forrest blades I picked up a few years ago at a woodworking show. No complaint. I do have the woodworker II with the different grind I'm not sure the # of the grind but essentailly the different grind has every 3rd tooth as a flat raker tooth. So I can cut flat bottomed grooves with it which is handy.

Either way I think they're both good blades :)

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have owned the WWII for 3 years or so. It has not dissapointed. I have not owned the Freud so I can't give a comparison.
Good luck!
Salem

T

toolferone

I would go with a thin kerf for your saw. If I am not mistaken, the #1 grind on the Forrest refers to the blade giving you a square flat bottom cut.
Now everyone here knows I might be biased LOL, but I would go with the Freud Premier Fusion P410T (the "t" is for thin kerf). The only other comment I will make is to keep all your blades clean. Please do NOT use oven cleaner to clean them. A cleaner blade will last longer between sharpenings

Rob

New User
Rob
Anyone have any experience with Infinity Blades? Prices seem decent, and I'm also looking for a dedicated rip blade for ripping >2" boards and a good combo blade. And does the stabilizer make a difference?

cdubea

New User
Chris
Look up "Onsrud" on e-bay.

This is a German manufacturer that has been liquidating blades for some time. I bought a 50 tooth 1/8" combination blade a while back for under $40 (all their auctions are buy it now) and it cuts as good if not better than my thin kerf WWII.

Good luck in any event

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS