Table finished...I mean it this time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
After much wailing and gnashing of teeth I finally finished the table that I had to redo. The veneer glue didn't cooperate ( see my last post ). You may notice I changed veneer. I didn't have any more zebrawood so I used rosewood. I think it looks better. The rest of the table is mahogony and ebony. The finish is several coats of shelac and 3 coats of poly and a coat of wax. With all that work and losing my religion, it's a freeby for a school fund raising auction.
100_05391.jpg
[/IMG]
100_05411.jpg
[/IMG]

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Larry,

That is just incredible! 8-O I'm gald you were able to salvage and fix it. I'm not sure exactly how you do it, but I'm glad that you do. :notworthy:

Trent

nelsone

New User
Ed
Beautiful table! Do you use a vacuum system for your veneer? I am toying with using veneer on the top of the hall table I'm working on.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome work, Larry!!! Persistence pays!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I bet it will be the hit of the auction and someone should be paying a nice price for it!:thumbs_up

You are the veneer man!!!!!!!

Glad you are happy with it!

Wayne

Last edited:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Once again, I go with the motto "A good woodworker is not one that makes no mistakes, he is one that knows how to fix the ones that he does". Congratulations on finishing a beautiful project.:eusa_clap

Jimmy:)

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Beautiful table! Do you use a vacuum system for your veneer? I am toying with using veneer on the top of the hall table I'm working on.
Ed, I've got a vacuum system but I didn't want to take any chances this time and used cauls and clamps. It took 3 different glue ups but since they only have to stay clamped and hour or two, it didn't take too long.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Heck, I didn't think it could look better first round . . . but it does :thumbsup:
Marvelous table, Larry!!!!!

Roger

Steve W

New User
Steve
Nice!

I like how Jimmy put it, as that says a lot. Sort of like that pilot who safely landed the plane with no landing gear. :elvis:

:kermit: Steve

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
Looks real good....you better hide that when we come up this weekend or your daughter-in-law will be wanting one!!!!:gar-Bi

nelsone

New User
Ed
Ed, I've got a vacuum system but I didn't want to take any chances this time and used cauls and clamps. It took 3 different glue ups but since they only have to stay clamped and hour or two, it didn't take too long.

Thanks for the info. I may ask for some advise when I get closer to doing the top if that's OK.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
It may have been a bunch of work but it looks like it turned out great...congrats!

:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Regards,

Bill

skeeter

New User
Charles
Being partial to Zebrawood, I didn't think I'd like the top as good, but it looks better. Awesome job. It should bring in some big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors