swap wood for lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Roscoe

New User
William
Anyone interested in swapping some kiln dried Oak (R&W), Maple (plain or spalted), hickory, gum for a lathe?Most is 4/4 & 5/4 but I do have 8/4 oak. I would prefer the lathe to have @ least 16" swing and 42" between centers. I'm getting ready to start a Sam Maloof rocker and just realized you need a lathe for one part. LOML says no to buying anymore woodworking equip.:crybaby2:. She just doesn't understand.:eusa_thin

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
if it's jsut one part why not jus t borrow a lathe. your welcome to come over and use mine. i'm in vass witch is just east of carthage. about 45 min from bear creek.

William Roscoe

New User
William
Thank you, Mark. That is nice of you to offer. John (Rocker) also had the same idea. He's the one showing me how to make the Sam Maloof rocker and he also informed me that you don't need a lathe to make this chair. I had read where you did use a lathe for the 2 front legs but John tells me that Sam Maloof has refined his chair and now you can make one without a lathe.Sounds good to me:eusa_clap. Actually, I was trying to free up some space in my shop for another kiln load of wood that is dry. I haven't built my wood storage bldg. yet and it's getting mighty crowded in my shop. Sometimes you get a windfall of wood and I hate to turn down free wood:eusa_thin. I guess I'd swap for other tools or equip. too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS