Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
After having the top tip in Wood for my dust collection on my band saw, you would think I would learn.Tonight, I started sawing out TFT cars. Hooked DC to saw, and remembered to open blast gate. Cyclone came as required. After a few cars, I noticed an build up of saw dust. After finishing off 50 cars, I checked to see why DC wasn't working. Hose was still attached to blast gate, blast gate was open, and all others were closed. Took cap off tee and felt NO SUCTION! Started looking for problem. I forgot to connect the two sections of flex hose together. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! Next 50 cars left almost no sawdust in, or on the saw.

RickC

New User
Rick
After having the top tip in Wood for my dust collection on my band saw, you would think I would learn.Tonight, I started sawing out TFT cars. Hooked DC to saw, and remembered to open blast gate. Cyclone came as required. After a few cars, I noticed an build up of saw dust. After finishing off 50 cars, I checked to see why DC wasn't working. Hose was still attached to blast gate, blast gate was open, and all others were closed. Took cap off tee and felt NO SUCTION! Started looking for problem. I forgot to connect the two sections of flex hose together. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! Next 50 cars left almost no sawdust in, or on the saw.

Just means you're human! Glad you found the problem was so easy to fix!

Oh - BTW - that bike is working out PERFECTLY!

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Not trying to one-up you on stupidity, but have you ever tried to cut something on your bandsaw and felt it was sure cutting poorly? As in, gee what is wrong with this blade? As in, would it work better if the teeth pointed the other way ...
:gar-La;

BrianBDH

New User
Brian
I found that to be the case with lawn mower blades too. Sure does cut better with the sharp side in the front!

Brian

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Not trying to one-up you on stupidity, but have you ever tried to cut something on your bandsaw and felt it was sure cutting poorly? As in, gee what is wrong with this blade? As in, would it work better if the teeth pointed the other way ...
:gar-La;
No, but I have a friend who once got (for free) a nice horizontal metal cutting band saw. Motor needed to have start winding leads reversed, so blade went in proper direction. He even got a couple extra blades included in the deal. Ask Wayne about the Delta band saw that needed new brushes. It's amazing how that little red button can fix a set of brushes.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
As another one who changes vacuum hoses from tool to tool, I will not criticize. Lost count of how many times I cranked up the vac, went to cutting, and then discovered I hadn't changed the hose. As, when that happens, I sometimes just hook the hose to the outlet side of the shop vac and blow the dust out the door, I then sometimes forget to swap it back. Ever wonder why the table saw is blowing dust up out of the ZCI? :wconfused::embaresse:BangHead::BangHead:

Go

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
...... Ask Wayne about the Delta band saw that needed new brushes. It's amazing how that little red button can fix a set of brushes.
You will never forget about that deal, will you Bruce!!:rotflm:

And you know what? That little old red reset button hasn't been used since the day I brought it home!

Still running like a champ.:wsmile:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS