Straight Edge Guide for Hitachi Hitachi KM12VC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It is very possible that the Dewalt guide could work with it. Do you have any idea of the distance between the holes for the guide rods and the dia. of the holes. I could compare that to the DW guide I have.
Or you could quite easily make one yourself. All it is is a straight board that clamps on to the two rods that fit into the holes on the base.
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Check out the Product Manual PDF near the bottom of your link. It lists a Straight Guide Set as a optional accessory on pg. 18 it's part # 323-342.
HTH, Dave:)

pslamp32

New User
Peter
PC might work as well. I have this model and the fixed speed twin Hitachi as well. From what I've read they are designed very similarily to PCs. I f you find out for sure could you post a link. I am curious as well. Thanks!

hk538

New User
hk538
I did some searching for the part number that the manual calls for and I can't find it being sold anywhere. I sent off a message to Hitachi and maybe they can steer me to somewhere that has the guides or has one that might work. I'll let you know if I find out anything:BangHead:

jimwill48

James
I have 3 of these routers - made my own edge guide but my understanding is that the PC 690 guides will work.

James

hk538

New User
hk538
OK, here's an update of what I was able to find. I called Hitachi direct and they referred me to a number of a company called Florida Tool. Apparently they're some sort of specialty dealer of Hitachi and other brand names. She asked how many Edge Guides I need and I made payment over the phone. It's on the way via Fed-Ex and I can't wait to try it out. I know a home-brew jig would have worked just as well, but I like toys as much as the next big kid:lol:

Here's the number for Florida Tool if anyone needs one of these.
1-800-805-0075

Hitachi Straight Edge Guide
Part # 323-342

I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks again for the info.
Greg

jimwill48

James
Just curious, but what did they charge for the Edge Guide and what was the shipping.

Thanks,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS