Stopped by Walnut Jerry's Shop Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Jerry was helping me out with some cedar for a project. What a gentleman! I spent longer driving there than it took him to do the deed. He had some cedar laying around that he wanted to get shed of, and took it from rough cut to jointed and planed. He left some of it a tad long and wide, so I can adjust as my project progresses. (or is that as my progress projects:eusa_thin )

I am trying my hand at making my own pegs for this project. So Jerry set me up with some dowel cutters at a bargain price. :biggrin:

Afterward, he wouldn't even let me clean up his shop.

I know, I know: no pics didn't happen. Alas, I gotta fill-in for a co-worker. It will be Sunday before I can post pics of the wood, and tool score.

Oh, did I mention what a swell guy Jerry is? :yes:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Jerry's a jewel.:icon_thum

I want to get up and "hinder" him one of these days. Hope some of that talent will rub off on me!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Every opportunity I have had to talk with Jerry has been a very enlightening experience. Not only is he a great guy, but man, he knows a lot of good stuff.
Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Here are the pics. I must contest Reggie's claim (in a separate post) to being king of clutter.

Attachments

• IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 141

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Travis, works just like a pencil sharpener. Of course, that requires a roughly round shape th start with. I tried with some square-ended scraps, but had some splintering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS