Steady Rest #2 & Hollowing Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I've really got to get turning ... and better yet, hollowing!:gar-La;

This is a bit of a gloat, but also a little bragging about my neighbor Wesley and his capabilities...

This is the second design for a steady rest that he's put together. This one uses a four-post design, tool-less arm adjusters, and a replaceable lathe bed gap sizer. This one isn't powder coated like the first, but that will probably happen next.
metal-made-steady21.jpg

He also made this hollowing setup modeled after a common one on the market. A little beefier than the market setup though, and a few changes to like an adjustable height for other lathes and stainless steel rods. I've yet to use it though... I've first got to learn how!
metal-made-hollower1.jpg

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Very Nice Jeremy,

Your neighbor Wesley ROCKS~!

Anyway just send it my way, I will give it a try for you, I have been wanting to get into "HF".

Can't wait to see what you come up with~!!!

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Jeremy,

Looks great, you may want to suggest to your neighbor that he may want to switch over to square tubing for the "arms" that hold the wheels on, less chance of twist.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Good feedback Gary. We discussed this and I'm sure it will happen on one. The way it is he put a "flat" down the length of the round tub that helps "lock" it in place (so it can't twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS