Squirrel Cage blower/motor sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Any reliable sources or 110v squirrel cage blowers with motors?

I've got this darn squirrel that won't stay outta my shop.......

No, wait, that's different problem. I recently saw plans for a mobile tool base with air cleaner mounted in the bottom. I've also seen plans for the air cleaner that can be hung from the ceiling (seems I just missed a hanging party not too long ago ) But I can never find these fans (used but working).
I've looked at the ReStores (both here and Fayetteville)...anybody have any other ideas for sources? Friends in the HVAC business?

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Don,

Check with your local heating and A/C guy (HVAC) and see if they have any removed fans from furnace replacements. Most times they'll just give them to you or charge a small fee.

Dan C.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Dans got it. Just go to your local heating/AC dealer and ask. When I got mine, I asked and was told "there's a pile out back, take what you want".

George

Rocker

New User
John
You can also find them on ebay. I got a 16" 2000 cfm squirrel cage blower from a vendor I found on ebay for $39.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Try Motors and Controls on Hodges St in Raleigh. They have so many different ones it is stunning. Many used/cheap ones you can pick over and they are easy to do biz with.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
I just asked our HVAC guy where I work yesterday if he had one. He said he had one at home and was going to bring it to me today. Well, that didn't happen but I am pretty sure he will bring it in the next few days.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
With scrap steel selling for $235 a ton, the HVAC guys are willing now to drive to the scrap yard. The scrap yards are so busy, they no longer want anyone in there just poking around. Lee Iron, in Sanford, only lets people on the yard between 12:00 and 1:00 PM (lunch time) Two of the three yards in Raleigh have the UNwelcome signs out. Try the HVAC guy, but be aware that heat pumps almost always have 230 V blowers in them. Gas furnaces are the most likely source. Be prepared to grease a palm when asking. A picture of Lincoln, Hamilton , or even Jackson will work wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS