Spyder 11 Piece Set Bi-metal Arbored Adjustable Hole Saw Kit

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
The 'plug release' feature on these is quite the advantage. The carbide set (fewer hole saws) is $129-149, and the competition wants as much fore as few as five! BUT you can't order them ONLINE. Instead 'check your local stores and, if they list inventory, call and get an associate to bring it up to the CS desk and hold it 'till your wife can pick it up! Worse comes to worse, go yourself;)
Checked this link and (possibly because my ordering left cookies) it doesn't come up with the "check local stores" link. Your experience may be different. They show 2 in Hickory and 2 in Morganton - you'll need to check your local stores your own self.
holesawdeallowesinstoreonly.jpg

Last edited:

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
unavailable
JACK: Where is it 'unavailable?'
My wife just picked one up from Lowes in Lenoir.
Which store(s) did you visit or call?

I called this morning, got hold of Brianna (SP?) at the Customer Service desk, she went and got it and called me back to tell me she had hands-on and put my name and phone on it awaiting my wife.
Wife just called and is heading home with my new toy as I write this.

8/25 14:18 HRS
Free Store & Curbside Pickup
2 Nearby at
N. Hickory Lowe's
(14.5 mi. away)

Refreshing doesn't clear the cookies (or whatever). I had to back out of everything LOWES, the do a Googol search for the kit and follow the link to LOWES and, then it told me that there were none at Lenoir, but 2 at Morganton and 2 at Hickory (as I'd found this morning.

Vendors and Googol and god only knows who else appear to be using bits to track all we do and look at online. Like that Pygmalion song "Getting to know you, getting to know all about you. getting to like you, hoping you'll like us too . . ."

Last edited:

Millmarks

Doug
Corporate Member
These are great to use. No trying to pry the cut piece out typically, just depress the plunger and slide the bit on the arbor. Most other brand hole saws will work on the arbor also for those sizes not included.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a Lennox set, it is double the cost (or maybe a little more) of the Spyder but I have had it for YEARS! and am VERY happy with the performance of the saws.

Does anyone have experience with the Spyder hole saws? (more than one hole or, "They are cheap, I can replace them after a hole or two")

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Thanks for the alert on the price drop.
I picked up the last one that the Apex Lowes had. It was not on the shelf where the app indicated. It was at the end of the tool isle on a Spyder display section.
The Cary Lowes still shows 7 available.

Fred J

Fred
User
Just picked up one these in Lowes of Cary. There’s one left on the display but there’s 6 on the top rack above the saw blades.

waitup

New User
Matt
Not sure how relevant it is, but I'll let you know anyway. I have the Spyder Carbide ones and have been very pleased. I agree that the plug knock out with the bit is a game changer!

Millmarks

Doug
Corporate Member
I have a Lennox set, it is double the cost (or maybe a little more) of the Spyder but I have had it for YEARS! and am VERY happy with the performance of the saws.

Does anyone have experience with the Spyder hole saws? (more than one hole or, "They are cheap, I can replace them after a hole or two")
I've had very good performance out of the Spyder hole saws so far and have been using them for about 3 years.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors