Source for Wainscot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
Everyone,

I am redoing a bathroom and my wife wants white painted wainscot. Even though I hate painting wood, I am going to go with her request (who wouldn't?). anyway, does anyone know where I can find "real" (not the plywood stuff) tougue and groove or lapped wainscot? I don't need hardwood, pine will be fine for painting.

Tim

NH2NC

New User
Eric
The BORG carries it. Just picked some up over the weekend. Pine and comes wrapped in a package in the back of the store. Was in the same section with fluted door molding kits. They also had the primed stuff. It was 5/16 thick by 36" long.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I bought some at Lumber Liquidators - stuff they had was presumably for flooring! They are 6' lengths, full tongue and groove, and I am planning to use them downstairs as part of a basement remodel. I will cut them in half to get a 3' half height look. They are a 3/4" thick I believe. It was so long ago that I forget what I paid for them.
Anyway this stuff being knotty pine I had to laugh to think of this being used for flooring - it is waaaay too soft for that.

Henry W

timf67

New User
Tim
The BORG carries it. Just picked some up over the weekend. Pine and comes wrapped in a package in the back of the store. Was in the same section with fluted door molding kits. They also had the primed stuff. It was 5/16 thick by 36" long.

Okay, I know I am new to this site but I can usually figure stuff out. But the "BORG" is stumping me? can someone enlighten me?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Okay, I know I am new to this site but I can usually figure stuff out. But the "BORG" is stumping me? can someone enlighten me?

Big Orange Retail Giant....Home Despot, Slowe's or any other big box retailer.

Dave:)

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Everyone,

I am redoing a bathroom and my wife wants white painted wainscot. Even though I hate painting wood, I am going to go with her request (who wouldn't?). anyway, does anyone know where I can find "real" (not the plywood stuff) tougue and groove or lapped wainscot? I don't need hardwood, pine will be fine for painting.

Tim

Check out the Woodworking Source, it is in Mooresville--------------see ad on the right of home page or new posts page.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors