Not open for further replies.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Just up on CL.
Line shaft complete woodworking shop.
I am afraid to call.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/1736669938.html

I have no involvement other than a raging desire to posses it.

email this posting to a friend winston-salem craigslist > for sale / wanted > tools
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
old wood working shop (winston-salem nc.)

Date: 2010-05-12, 3:52AM EDT
Reply to: sale-eupad-1736669938@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

this shop is part log cabin. all toos must go flat belt planer 24" made in salem nc.
it was made before it become winston-salem before 1913.
flat belt pullys are still on the axel over head!
all kinds of tools clamps band saw jointers all kinds of hand planers and shappers.
most of the tools are from the 1890s to 30s call kevin at 336 970 3150 or email at
kevinlblankenship@gmail.com i want to sale it all at one time for one price!!
way to much stuff to list.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3ka3p13o05Y15T35R4a5c7a007c121ac41856.jpg
3m13p53l65Y45Q65R3a5ccd0a329a5eaf1289.jpg

PostingID: 1736669938

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
+1 on the someone local buy it.

I want to Play too!!! Wish I was in a position to buy it, have always wanted this type of set up. But alas Too little time, Too little space and Too little money for it at this time.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
hrmm, why don't you call him up, ask him if you can "inspect" the tools. After all, you want to make sure everything is in working order before you make a decision

:gar-La;

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I e-mailed him and he wants $ 7500 for all of it. From the pictures he sent me, these a lot of work to clean it up and get it working. Some of it is Shelton made in High Point. He has sent me about 30-40 pictures, if anybody is interested I can forward them to you.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I would love to see that in operation, and had no idea there was a setup like that so close by. It would be super cool to have.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Looks like it would be a good fit for the "Denton Farm Park" or the "Silk Hope Ruritan Club". I don't live anywhere near either, but both have onsite steam engines that would be ideal to power this with and it would go good with the displays they already have. Both have events where they run the equipment they have.

Tony Joyce

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
I went by yesterday and cleaned out all the handplanes (at least the ones they could find):gar-Bi.

No pics yet (I know, I know) but a few of the highlights:

Stanley No. 8 SW
Sargent No. 22 VBM
Stanley No. 12 w/original blade
EARLY Stanley 113
Stanley No. 78, 190, 191, 192 + Sargent 78-ish
Saw sharpening vise
7-8 moulding planes
Stanley 98
Stanley 71 1/2
Stanley 40 or 40 1/2
Several, several more
Oh, and a set of some machinist tools/calipers and whatnot.

All need to be cleaned but all Good to Good+ and some may clean up to Fine. Definitely all great user quality.

Haven't gone through everthing yet but it was a nice haul to say the least.

Real nice folks. I glanced at some of the equipment - really nice looking lathe jumped out at me.

There is an AWESOME tool box or converted chest that would be really nice - painted/distressed - could be tools or a piece of furniture once cleaned up. Tons of hardware, saw one Disston saw, neglected to check for any braces. Guy was a real craftsman and took care of his tools. The stuff is dusty but basically hasn't been used since the grandfather passed away. Its like a museum/archaeological dig in there.

I'm sure there are plenty of hidden treasures in there if you have the time to go through from a hand tool standpoint.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Glad to read that you got such a nice haul out of there. Sounds like you have got a lot of work ahead of you getting all those planes refurbished and tuned.

Please Post some photos of your haul.

I would love to get a group like that, but that is just my "'arn deficiency" speaking. I like resurrecting old tools, but can't say that I actually use them to build anything of note with them.

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
I do like using them, but I've got a ton of parts and planes in various stages of restoration/tuning. Once I get my workbench done, then I'll get back to business and start selling off the ones I don't want to keep to help fund my addictions.....

Getting ready for 4-day weeks so my production schedule is going to start picking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors