View image in gallery

Dec_2010_Clocks_004.jpg

View image in gallery

Dec_2010_Clocks_005.jpg

View image in gallery

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
Duhhh--forgot to add captions for the pictures. Top is The Rhinelander Clock from a Dirk Boelman design.
The Story Crosses and clocks are all Steve Good designs. Trying to get all the Christmas gifts done and shipped. A twist on the Story Crosses was to add a backer as well as a drawer in the base. I used poster board, then wood as the backer on 2, and a piece of very dark poplar on the other. The finish on all these pieces is shellac followed by 2 or more coats of polyurethane.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Incredible work. I'm sure whoever receives them will love them. Keep up the great work!

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Wow and double wow,there is some amazing work there.There's about 10 years worth of scrolling there,not counting what I would throw in the kindling pile and start over.
Tony

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Bruce, you are truly the SAWMAN. I would suggest a 600 suffix indicating a Doctorate in the subject. Usually 101 signifies the very beginning or first course. You are certainly light years beyond that. Send us some pictures of you at work. I am in awe!!!
James

dlrion

New User
Dan
HOLY FREAKING CLOCK BATMAN!!!

You are in my opinion the scrolled clock god of this website!

I find it humourous that the clock I posted a day ago, is the SIMPLEST clock you have in your pile!

WOW!

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
Well, gosh.:embaresse..shucks.:wrolleyes:..I was just having some fun out in the shop. Thank you everybody for your kind words.

Travis, the pattern for that Story Cross can be uploaded free from Steve Good's website, Scroll Saw Workshop. He has hundreds of patterns there that also include the Hummingbird Clock and the God Bless America Clock and the Bicycling Clock.:icon_cheers

Dan, the Hummingbird Clock is not SIMPLE, its a good pattern that makes a very nice clock, and you did really great with yours.:eusa_danc

James, the sawman came about years ago when I had a very nice sharpening service in Chautauqua County, New York State where I did a large volume of carbide tipped saws and sawmill bands from many distant customers. The 101 came about because that was my ID number as a Paramedic working for the County Ambulance Service, neither of which I do now, although I had thought about doing sharpening again, but I live in such a remote, hard to find place I just get my kicks ruining perfectly good lumber.:saw:
Happy sawdusting!:banana:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Dang dood , those are awesome !! :notworthy: I really like what you did with Steve's design on the crosses :icon_thum Did you send him pics ? He loves to get pics of variations on his work
Excellent job bro :eek:ccasion1

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
What time is it? Time for a round of applause I'd say! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS