Some crooked lines on a round thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I guess I will get these things right one day :dontknow::BangHead::eusa_doh:The other side looks the same way :eusa_doh:
Crooked_Lines.jpg

View image in gallery

Dragon

New User
David
Considering it looks far better than my last effort at something like that, I see very little to carp about.

DavidF

New User
David
You blew it Phillip.:no:

I have done this type of glue up before and I have either used a box jig to hold the laminations in place and glued up in stages to stop them moving (see my wedding bowl in the gallery) or, after making sure they won't be in the way, I have hammered in small brass brads and cut the heads off about 0.5mm above the surface so that they grip the mating piece and stop it moving during the glue up.

Bummer when it moves though.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
You blew it Phillip.:no:

I have done this type of glue up before and I have either used a box jig to hold the laminations in place and glued up in stages to stop them moving (see my wedding bowl in the gallery) or, after making sure they won't be in the way, I have hammered in small brass brads and cut the heads off about 0.5mm above the surface so that they grip the mating piece and stop it moving during the glue up.

Bummer when it moves though.

I think what happened is that I didn't have all of the sizes the same and for some reason the smaller Maple pieces where cut in an angle

Hey, it's Psychedelic Art!

Ken I like where you are going with this:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS