Sofa Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I just completed this sofa table yesterday

shop_tools_006.jpg

Birdseye and figured maple with African Blackwood trim. The deminsions are 48 X 14 x 29 1/2. It was finished with pre catalyzed laquer yesterday andtoday I will rub it out with 0000 steel wool and a good coat of wax.

Last edited by a moderator:

skeeter

New User
Charles
Awesome table. The Blackwoodt trim really brings out the figure in the Maple. And still no sawdust!!

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Beautiful table Dino.

Even more impressive than your attention to detail there is your clean shop.

A desirable and enviable obsession:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
So when can I come pick it up? That table is too pretty to stay in my house. Nice job Dino!!!

woodArtz

New User
Bob
That's beautiful work! The maple is amazing. Great job. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I did the spraying with a Turbinaire HVLP spray. Once the system is set according to the product viscosity you are spraying, it is almost "idiot- proof", and that is just what I need. HVLP is relatively new to me, but since using it a couple of times, I'll not go back to my conventional Binks #7 spray gun.

Rocker

New User
John
Dino,
That is one great table. I love the taper on the legs and the blackwood really sets it off nicely. Good work.
John

DavidF

New User
David
Very, very nice table Dino and it looks like the craftsmanship matches the great design! About time something "flat" appeared:lol::lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice legs :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang Dino, it is a beaut! Dazzling wood, design, and execution. The long, tapered legs lend a light and airy look. :thumbsup:

Please don't forget to enter the sofa table in the 2008 NCWWer calendar contest!

Roger

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Wow! Great looking table Dino, it's a outstanding combination of wood, style and color. Jim

nelsone

New User
Ed
You got a great combination of wood in that piece! And I have to agree with Dave...Great Legs!:rolf:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow, Dino that's gorgeous! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Great color and wood placement to accent the grain.

Got a pic of the top?

Chuck

MikeH

New User
Mike
I know this is off subject, but did you happen to just open a restaurant in Matthews, NC? We have a new place called Dino's that just opened. :-D

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the kind words from all of you. This was a fun project and not very time consuming. It was good getting back to letting the machines do the work. I really enjoy the precision and repeatability of a good woodworking machine. The rocking chair was all hand work and I do not think that is for me on a regular basis. I do not have an opinion on lathe work yet as I am only just getting started with that.

And by the way Mike; Dino's Restaurant in Mathews definately does not belong to me. The two that I have are about all that I can handle and still have plenty of shop time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS