Small Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
My employer had a Biggest-Loser contest starting September 1 and ending October 31st. Whoever lost the highest percentage of body weight over that time got $100. Well, I have let myself get too far out of shape and this was a good way to get myself motivated to do something about it.

As of the end of the contest I ahd lost 22lbs. While I was disappointed I DID NOT win, I just received the 2nd place prize...a $75.00 gift certificate to Woodcraft! Yeah! BTW the woman who won lost 15 lbs. and only weighted 117 when we started. For me to beat her I would have to extend the contest 2 months on the theory that she could lose much more, or have a major industiral accident and lose a limb. I'll take the second place prize instead.

I am continuing and hope to reach my goal weight by mid-summer. I'll post a picture of what I buy with my winnings.:-D

Doug

M

McRabbet

Congrats on your achievement -- it is no small accomplishment to lose weight -- just do your best to keep it off!

Rob

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Doug,

Congrats on the loss. That is a MAJOR accomplishment. I lost about 20 some last winter... kind of bottomed out and am now trying to start loosing again. I know what a struggle it is. Again, congrats

Ray

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Awosome!! Good luck over the holidays. I have known alot of people who worked hard only to blow it over Nov and Dec. Be strong and hang in there!!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
What am I going to buy?

I need some mobile bases. (As you know Travis.) I am conidering a lumber rack as well.

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Nov. and Dec.

Christopher:

I am confident I can be good over the holidays. It would be easier if I was guaranteed a woodworking prize for each goal I meet.;-)

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS